¥ chapter twenty-four ¥

Weeks flew by and things started to get stressful

Weeks flew by and things started to get stressful. James and Lily had an emotional wave off to Harry since they weren't allowed to go to the station. Harry was the happiest any of us had ever seen yet there was still the Malfoy situation in his mind.

Niko had went travelling around and eventually settled back at the cottage. He also look as though he had something on his mind but I didn't press, knowing he'd tell me when he's ready.

Dumbledore had been very distant to me and I sent Harry a letter to question it. He got back to me and informed me that Dumbledore wasn't looking well and had shown Harry some very unnerving things of the past. I found this most unusual as Albus often kept Harry in the dark when it came to him and Voldemort.

Regarding me, I spent days chatting to the Black brothers until the day came where the decision was made.

"We've come to a decision" Regulus announced. He looked emotionless as usual, something that was drilled into him from childhood. Sirius however look furious.

"What's it to be?" I asked, anxious for the answer. Both of them were brothers to me, I had conflicting thoughts myself on who to choose.

"You shall return Sirius, I shall stay where I am" said Regulus, ignoring his scoffing brother beside him. I raised my eyebrow at the decision. Regulus was young, very young, he never had a true shot at life because of his parents. He died doing a very noble thing.

"How did you come to this conclusion?" I questioned,intrigued.

"Despite protests of my brother, the place I died is not easily accessible and you will most likely die trying to get there. Besides, I'm quite content  here" Regulus offered a smile. Although it hurt to hear he was right, the place he died was unimaginably difficult.

"Well Sirius, I guess it's time to go the Ministry" I closed my book and shoved on a long black coat.

"You... you will tell me everything he says right? Like include him in our conversations?" Sirius hesitantly asked. I nodded as I thought of the idea myself. I was happy enough to pass on any comment that Regulus made, he shouldn't be forgotten.

I walked into the sitting room and found Lily, James and Remus sat in deep conversation. Lily noticed me first and asked if I was alright. I wanted to surprise them with Sirius so I told them I had to meet Dumbledore at the Ministry.

"The Ministry of Magic!" I shouted in the fireplace,dropping the ashy powder. My stomach lurched and I landed heavy footed into the long,black tiled corridors of the Ministry. I felt sick of the reminiscing memory of what happened last I was here but I pushed the thought away.