¥ chapter forty-two ¥

After a week, we received a letter off Minnie inviting us to a celebration ball at Hogwarts

After a week, we received a letter off Minnie inviting us to a celebration ball at Hogwarts. Not only a celebration of victory but of those lives lost in the battle.

Me and Remus lay in bed, my head resting on his chest.

"Come on we have to get dressed."

"Do we have to? I'd much rather do this" Remus smirked turning his head to kiss me. I let myself relax into the kiss, his hand getting tangled in my hair. I straddled myself on top of him, giving one last kiss to his lips before pulling away. Our hands locked with each other for a bit, just staring into each other's eyes before I eventually got off.

"Teaser" Remus hissed in complaint and I giggled, going over to the wardrobe.

I slinked a red dress over my body. I was hardly showing yet but my imagination made me think otherwise.

"Remus I feel huge " I huffed in front of the mirror. Remus laughed and came up behind me, zipping the back of my dress up before placing small kisses along the back of my neck.

"You look beautiful as always darling" he murmured, hands going across my stomach. I sighed and leaned my head against his chest.

"I can't believe how far we've come and we're all still together too, it's so surreal. I still want to bring Regulus back, Albus has told me he has to stay dead for some reason. I just don't know if I can kill again."

"If the situation arises for someone to be killed, then go for it otherwise stop worrying, it's not good for the baby" Remus ordered and I nodded in agreement.

Once we were both ready, we apparated to Hogsmeade and walked to Hogwarts. All broken structure had been rebuilt and it had the magical feel to it again.

Pushing the doors of the Great Hall open, I let out a gasp of awe. It was decorated white and photos of those lives lost hung overhead. There was very few tables, all focus on the dance floor in the middle. Flashing disco lights, lit the room and a slow song started playing.

"May I have this dance" Remus bowed and I giggled.

"Why of course."

On the dance floor, we saw Niko and Sirius dancing elegantly, showing off that they were clearly the best dancers there. Lily and James twirled around laughing and smiling at each other and out of the corner of my eye I saw Fred spinning around his date. He sent a wink my way and I winked back. It was great to see everyone together.

"I love you Rem" I whispered against his chest as we slow danced. It felt so right to be in his arms and after all this time, I still got butterflies.

"I love you too Octavia and our baby" he smiled. The moment swiftly got ruined though by Harry bumping into us with Ginny causing Sirius and James to burst out laughing.

"Oi Prongsie! I think you need to teach your son how to dance!" He snorted and James flipped him off. Harry blushed and I whispered in his ear.

"Ignore them Harry, they're right gits."

He chuckled and waltzed away with Ginny. James and Sirius were still cackling while Lily and Niko scolded them for being bullies.

Suddenly the music changed and ' Dancing Queen' started to blear out the speakers.

"Oh. My. God. James! It's our song!" Sirius and James clapped excitedly like children and next thing you know, they're standing on top of a table using there wands as microphones.

Everybody cheered and laughed at them as they sang there hearts out while adding dance movements at the same time. Niko got dragged up and he joined them and in the end we all did. It was a night of bliss, pure joy but still the sorrow of the poor people who lost there lives,on the back of our minds.

The dance ended up turning into karaoke, the boys were well drunk and so were the Weasley twins. No one wanted to ruin their happiness so they just let them get on with it. They even managed to get Mcgonagall singing ' Bohemian Rhapsody' which was quite the sight.

Towards the end, it was more like a club than a ball. Everyone was tipsy off Firewhisky except me of course and Remus didn't drink out of 'respect' for me. It was a magical night, no worries, the weight of the world was off our shoulders.

I excused myself from the room and went up to the Astronomy tower. Me and Niko loved going here to stargaze late at night, young and carefree. I heard footsteps and Niko appeared, his shirt unbuttoned and hair a mess.

"I thought I'd find you here" he murmured, sitting dow next to me and gazing at the sky.

"We've come so far, I never thought I'd get to hold you again yet here we are" I whispered, tears starting to form.

"Yet here we are" Niko sighed, grabbing onto my hand.

He was here with me from the start, my first friend, my first crush to my best friend. We had both found our soulmates and yet the bond we shared was unlike the one we shared with our loved ones. It was pure magic.

"Thank you Tav, for giving me another chance at life. I never could of imagined I'd have found a new family never mind my soulmate and it's all because of you. Thank you" Niko whispered and I pulled him into a hug.

"Do you really think I could do life without you, Niko Barker?"

"Of course not" he chuckled and I laughed.

"Correct answer."

"I love you Tav."

"And I love you Niko."

So that's the end!

Let me know if you guys want an epilogue, I'm quite interested in writing one :)

Thank you for reading, it's been a hell of a ride ;)