¥ chapter fourteen ¥

Once again, silence rained on the Black house

Once again, silence rained on the Black house. With the children back at school, Sirius was beside himself more so than usual with being trapped in the house.

"He's such a drama queen" Regulus huffed as I sat reading in my room. Me and Reg didn't talk to much but when we did it hurt me to think of what he went through. He was so young, so alone,similar to me in that way. To defy Voldemort on your own takes a lot of bravery, a thing I admired him for.

"Tell me about it. Fifth year he asked out Minnie and when she said no,he locked himself in the door for the whole day" Lily said rolling her eyes at the memory. James laughed as did Niko.

"If I got rejected by Minnie, I'd cry too"

I smiled at the laughter the four were sharing. Although they're dead, they make me feel alive. Each of them deserved to live the life they desired, it was a true representation of God choosing to take the good ones first.

"You seem pretty close to Moony, Octavia?" James smirked at me. I felt a blush creeping on my face but I scoffed and carried on reading.

"I can read Remus like a book Octavia, he fancies you" Lily chirped. This made my stomach flutter but I denied it.

"He doesn't, now shut up and let me read."

"FUCK SAKE!" A voice bellowed from downstairs along with noises of smashing glass. Abruptly, I jumped from my bed and sprinted down the steps.

In the kitchen was an angry Sirius, a very angry Sirius. Smashed glass was on the floor around his shoes. His hand was bleeding and his face was strained, with his jaw clenched.

"What in Merlins beard is going on?" I demanded, Remus entering the room at the same time.

"There's been a breakout from Azkaban and my deranged cousin among the few to escape!" Sirius shouted in reply.

"Oh fuck... okay I'm sure Albus will send a patronus shortly." As soon as the words left my mouth, Dumbledores Phoenix flew into the room.

"I'm sure you are all aware of the news this morning. This is no doubt orchestrated by Voldemort himself, his most devoted followers being the ones who escaped. Increased guards will be added to the Ministry, Octavia and Remus you will patrol Hogsmeade tomorrow."With that the bird disappeared.

"So I just have to sit it here while your all fighting!" Sirius screeched. I walked to him and brought him into an embrace. At my touch he calmed and let out a heavy breaths. Out the corner of my eye, Remus's eyes were piercing us, shifting awkwardly on his feet.