¥ chapter two ¥

I apparated to the address and took in the surroundings

I apparated to the address and took in the surroundings. This is not what I was expecting. The house was in the middle of a muggle street, surrounded by muggle parents and muggle children. I looked back down at the note "Number 12". I stepped forward to get a closer look at the numbers when a crumbling sound pierced my ears. Stumbling back , the buildings in front of me started to move and a new building was forming. The muggles in the window didn't move or acknowledge anything. Ah, Fidelius Charm, clever.

Walking up the concrete stairs, I knocked my knuckles against the door.The tall,dirty blonde haired man answered the door, his wand risen.

"Oh...Miss...?" He looked at me,racking his brains to remember my name.

"Harper, Octavia Harper. I've been instructed to stay here for the foreseeable future, I hope that's not a problem?" I raised one eyebrow, I wasn't really in the mood to be sociable.

"Oh, erm, no not a problem do come in, I'll take you to your room" the man stepped to the side,allowing me to slide past. The decorations in the house were retched. It stunk of old magic and leather. The walls were a pattern of dark green and silver while the floor was a black oak colour. It was unwelcoming.

"Just this way, come on." I followed the man up the stairs, right to the very top. The room I was assigned was basic. The walls were black with a white duvet bed in the centre. A small desk was in the corner with a lamp. That was it.

"Erm sorry it's not great, the Blacks don't have much style" he joked lightly.

"Piss off Moony!" A voice yelled from downstairs. I thanked him and clicked my fingers for my suitcase to appear. The man looked at me with an open mouth but I didn't want to discuss anything.

"Right well thank you, oh before you go, I didn't catch your name?" I asked politely. A small smile was on my face, after all,I was here to make them trust me.

"It's Remus, Remus Lupin" he responded. I nodded and went back to my bag and started unloading my notes. I still felt the mans presence at the door but didn't look his way. Eventually the door clicked shut.

The cold draft in the house made it impossible to sleep. After hours of rustling and wrestling with sheets, I gave up.

"Sod this bloody house,why do I need people anyway" I muttered to myself grabbing my books.

"People are great Tav, like me for example" Niko appeared at the end of my bed and I laughed a little.

"Yes, your cocky self is amazing but everyone else makes me want to live on the moon" Shaking my head,I stood up and pulled on an oversized sweater.

"The moons magnificent! I'd live their willingly, just floating about" Niko joked.

"Again, if I could hit you, you would now have one testicle"He gasped and covered his privates with his hands.

"You shall never touch my babies!" He boomed and I howled with laughter.I opened my door and snook downstairs. Eventually, I found the living room with a fireplace, perfect. I plonked myself down on the soft chair closest and stared at the fireplace, igniting a flame.

"Now shut up Niko, I'm being intelligent" I saw him roll his eyes but he obliged and kept quiet, looking at the book over my shoulder. We stayed like this for hours before the door opened , disrupting the quiet.

"Blimey! You have me a heart attack!" Sirius shrieked holding his chest. He was already fully dressed so I gathered it was morning.

"Sorry, I was just reading" I innocently replied, looking back to my book.

"Go on Tav, you have to get their friendship to trust you, have a conversation with him" Niko whispered to my ear. I sighed shutting the book, muttering "Fuck you" under my breath. Not quiet enough.

"I'd happily fuck myself if I could, sadly I can't" Sirius laughed. My face blushed a crimson red in embarrassment. I'm going to have to be more careful about speaking to Niko.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it, I'll go get changed" standing up,I quickly apparated to my room to avoid further awkwardness.

"Not to sound bitchy Niko but please don't talk to me when I'm in a room with others, it's hard to remember your not truly here" I sadly said while shoving on some blue ripped jeans to go with my lilac sweater. Niko looked at me apologetically. I knew how hard it was for him, to have no one but me. For years Niko had been the only person I spoke to, trying to not talk to him was going to be hard.

I tumbled into the kitchen to be greeted by Remus, Sirius and a pink haired young woman.

"Wotcher, she's gorgeous! You didn't say she was gorgeous Sirius, I would of made myself look nice!" The woman playfully hit Sirius's arm who scowled in return."I'm Tonks, pleasure to meet you" she offered her hand, I shook it gently.

"Octavia Harper, pleasures mine" I sweetly smiled. She seemed friendly enough. I took a seat at the table and waved my hand and toast and a cup of coffee appeared in front of me. I tucked in,ignoring the amazed looks I was receiving off the three.

Sirius coughed and I looked up.
"Something wrong?" My voice was polite and delicate. Dumbledore and Mcgonagall had brought me up with polite mannerisms and generous acts. I prided myself on being respectful and kind to everyone.

"Merlin your so polite, I feel like you would of given my brother a run for his money! Anyway... I- I mean we- were just wondering how come no one knows you?" Sirius anxiously asked. I looked between him and the other two, who were also anxiously waiting for an answer.

"Truthfully,Albus hasn't told me my full story. All I know is my parents died when I was young, Dumbledore took me in and raised me with Minerva, realised I was a strong witch and that's all I can say, sorry" I cut myself off realising I was already saying to much. Niko rolled his eyes in the corner of the room and I bit my lip to hold back my laugh.

"Did you go to Hogwarts then?" Remus asked me genuinely curious. I nodded.

"I was taught privately, one on one with teachers."

"Wow, that must of been... lonely?"Tonks gently asked. I cleared my throat and didn't respond. I clicked my fingers and my book appeared on my lap. Absorbing myself in the contents, the others carried on with their conversation.

This was going to be long and tiring, I thought to myself. I had to do this though, I let everyone down in the last war. Dumbledore refused to let me fight, saying it's not worth the risk of exposing my powers. That was the one thing I hated about him, not letting me go and fight. I could of done something. I could of saved Niko.