¥ chapter one ¥

"Ugh Niko, I'm never going to catch it" I panted , leaning against the tree

"Ugh Niko, I'm never going to catch it" I panted , leaning against the tree. My black short hair was clumpy with sweat and my sweater was sticking to my body. Looking up,I noticed the small dragon like creature disappear into the bushes of the forest. I sighed and wiped the dripping sweat off my face.

"You know Octavia,how long have you been doing this now? 6 years? Yet,you only manage to catch the hardest creatures. The easier, smaller ones just seem to run rings around you" the tall,pale boy laughed heavily,as he stood watching me. I scowled.

"Well do you know, that if I could hit you right know, your nose would be severely broken"

"Mmm feisty, I think you should call it a day Tav" Niko winked at me causing me to roll my eyes. I did agree though, so I stopped slouching on the tree and stumbled my way back to the small hut in the centre of the woods.

I popped the kettle on and sat down on the brown sofa, waiting for it to boil. On the tea table in front of me was all of my notes and drawings of the creatures I'd researched. The heat of Amazon Rainforest was sticky and humid. Plenty of curious creatures lived here, with the source of shelter and water but warm conditions for breeding.

There was a tapping on the window and I glanced up to see an owl on the ledge. My brows furrowed. I hadn't received an owl for months, especially from Dumbledores. I focused on the glass window and it lifted up. With a flick of my hand the letter flew onto my lap and the owl flew away.

"This can't be good" I sighed,fumbling with the envelope.

"Your a witch but you can't open a piece of paper," Niko chuckled," quality."

Sticking my middle finger up, I finally got into the paper. I rolled the letter out on the table and cast the charm for it to be read out. While doing so I went over to the now boiled kettle and poured myself a cup of tea. Only managing to catch the last few words of the letter.

"Voldemort is back, The Order of The Phoenix has been reinstalled, come to my office as soon as possible."

The mug slipped out of my hand in shock. Immediately with one click of my fingers my bags were being packed and sent to Dumbledores office.

"Bloody hell Tav, your hands bleed-"

"Not now Niko, gotta go,no time!" I cut off Niko and I chucked the Floo powder into the fireplace and disappeared out of the cottage.

"Yes Dumbledore we know that Harry says he's back but how will anyone believe him?" I heard a voice speaking as I landed in Dumbledores office.

"Ah Octavia dear, looking radiant! It's been a while, I hope you're well" Albus said calmly as ever. He's always been relaxed, maintaining the same tone with everyone.

My face heated up as I realised there was more than one pair of eyes on me. There was a young boy with jet black hair and circular shaped glasses sat on the chair at the desk. He looked pale, sick even. He had cuts and dirt all over his face and clothes. Behind him stood a man with shoulder length curly hair and rather posh green robes. Another man in a grey ragged suit was pacing back and forwards but looked at me quizzically. There was Mcgonagall and another plump woman with ginger frizzy hair.

"Hello again Octavia, it's lovely to see you, even if the circumstances are rather unfortunate" Minerva weakly smiled at me.

"Er.. hello Albie and Minnie, great to see you both, I came as quick as I could" I finally found my voice but it wasn't as steady as I'd hoped it to be.

"And who the bloody hell is this Albus!?" The black,shoulder length hair man shouted. Rude.

"This is my adopted daughter Sirius. I know this is a shock but she had to be hidden for safety purposes, that I will not divulge in" Albus said with a more serious voice. He was protective over me.

"Oh... sorry, just a bit rattled,that's all" Sirius lowered his voice and sent me an apologetic look. I gave him a small nod as acceptance.

"Now that we're all here, let's get to business. As Mr Potter states, the Dark Lord has returned. There is no question that he his back to finish the job he failed to do that Halloween night. Therefore I'm here to tell you all that the Order will be reinforced. We must start preparing for another war which appears to be inevitable, Harry will be protected by all of us. As you all know this is a top secret organisation and any matters shall not be discussed with anyone outside these walls. I'll be in touch with more, for now Sirius I believe your old family home will be of use to us?" Dumbledore spoke calmly. Everyone was completely silent but Sirius gloomily agreed and told us all the address.

"Now Harry you can not speak of this and you will not participate in any meetings, do I make myself clear?" Once more Albus's tone was stern and Harry gulped and nodded. "Excellent, communication shall be with patronus, no letters. Dismissed."

Members started piling out the door until it was just me,Minnie and Albie.

"What happened?" I asked my voice in its usual calm pitch. Minnie looked at Dumbledore before looking back to me.

"Well the Tri-Wizzard cup was held and Potter somehow found himself in the competition. The last task was in a maze and appeared to be a trap. The port key took Harry and the other boy,Cedric Diggory,to what Potter described as a graveyard. Only Harry came back alive" she sadly spoke. I could see tears in her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

"Merlin that's awful! Well I'm ready to do whatever's necessary, where shall I be staying?" My question made Dumbledore think, before he stood up and walked over to his memory basin.

"You shall stay at Grimmauld Place where the meetings will be held. It's important that the members get to know you so they know you can be trusted."

I let out a groan of complaint. I wasn't really the sociable type. I used to be but that was before... before Niko died. That day, a part of me went with him, a part of me that was never coming back.

"Right... I'll be off then" I hugged Minnie tightly before giving Albus a softer hug.

I walked out the door and headed down the many corridors to the exit. The walls and architecture was exactly as it had been when I was a student,however I only ever saw them in the dark. When I studied,I wasn't allowed to leave the teachers tower, constantly hidden away. In the end I grew fed up and started wandering the halls at night. This is how I'd met Niko, a vibrant Hufflepuff. I fancied him at the start but I blamed that on the lack of male attention. Soon my feelings sizzled out and he became my best friend.

When Niko died, I refused to believe it since I could still see him. Dumbledore thought I'd gone mad but after much persuasion and arguing, he realised my new power. He knew I was powerful, hell I knew I was powerful, but this was something that was not heard of, ever.