¥ chapter thirty-nine ¥

The barricade that had been formed, crumbled and the Death Eaters came charging

The barricade that had been formed, crumbled and the Death Eaters came charging. The plan to stick together soon failed as we all went different ways fighting our enemies.

I managed to use my magic to knock back a few Death Eaters but soon started to grow tired. I was now in the corridor, attacking the followers from behind, knocking them clean out.

Spinning around, I tried to find anyone I knew, I turned a corner just in time to see something that made my voice scream. Fred.

The walls crumbled around him and his brother and twin collapsed to his side, I couldn't even move, my feet frozen with horror. Dolohov emerged from the rumble and smirked madly at the sadness he'd created. That was it, I didn't care how tired I was, I needed revenge, feeling a rage that could mostly likely be described as murderous.

Running forward at speed, I jumped over the rubble and landed on top of Dolohov, in the midst of my jump, the black knife in my hand sunk into his chest. His eyes furrowed at the new pain and his breaths slowed, looking at me with anger but not being able to act on it. I pulled the knife out once he breathed his last breath and noticed the blood dripping off it. The boys looked at me in horror and I felt sick at what I'd done. Sick, not regret.

I ran off, trying to focus on the battle and not the murder I just committed in cold blood. On the seventh floor I found Remus duelling him. Him, the man in my nightmares. Fenir Greyback. I knew he was the one who turned Remus and was the reason for all of my husbands pain, not just mine. He disarmed Remus and was about to finish him off but I felt something.Surprisingly, I felt the serge of magic run threw me and in a flash, Greyback collapsed to the floor lying still and lifeless.

Two. Two lives I'd took, one more and I'd be a full on murderer. Yet I would do it again if it meant protecting the people I loved. I was to late for Fred but I managed to save Remus. He looked at me in surprise and picked his wand up to make his way over to me. Then behind him a Death Eater appeared, furious at the sight of Fenir on the floor.

Remus didn't see him and I did what I had to. I pushed Remus to the side as the jet of green burst out of the mans wands. It hit me square in the chest and I yelped, falling to the floor. The world started spinning and darkness was upon me. Remus was crying, holding on to me and I couldn't help but think of the familiar situation all them years ago. All the memories we had shared since then, the smiles, the tears, the laughter, the loss, the love.

My eyes shut and it went silent. No more screaming, no yelling just silence. Until the familiar voice spoke.

"Ah we meet again, in most unfortunate circumstances. I see you aren't alone this time" Death said, hovering next to me.

"What do you mean? Is Fred here? Where is he?" I hurriedly asked, needing to see his smile again.

"I believe the man you are looking for is speaking to Albus at the moment but he is not who I was talking about" replied Death. Confused,I looked around to see who else she could mean.

"You can't see them, I would of thought you would of felt them though."

"Felt who? Can't you just tell me!?" I shouted, getting frustrated.

"Have you been feeling sick recently? Tired maybe? Married not long ago, I would of thought the celebrations off that would of been quite... fun."

"Yeah, I've been sick and tired,that's just off my magic though. What does my wedding have to do with this? We did share an intimate night, coming to think of it, I haven't been well since then.... wait. No no no no... I can't be!" I yelled, the realisation hitting me. Pregnant, I was pregnant and Remus will never get to know, never get to be raise the child, our child.

"I'm afraid so,I do believe you committed two deep actions tonight, killed two people is that right?" Death questioned and I gulped. I didn't want to talk about this, not after finding out I was pregnant this whole time.

"I'm sure you're aware of the phrase, " a life for a life" yes?" I nodded in response to her question, taking my hand through my hair in stress.

"Now them two life's you took will gran you yours and your child's, should you wish to return. Before you died, you felt the surge of energy through your veins which is because of the life you took. You have the power to bring yourself and baby back. You can bring the rest back if you take three more lives. How far are you willing to go for the ones you love?" Death said.

Billions of things ran through my brain but the main thing was I could go back, go back and start the family with Remus. Of course I was going to but to bring the others back I had to kill more people, more lives to be took.

"I -I need to go back."

"Very well, think of what I've said. I hope I don't see you again for a while."

"Likewise."

I shut my eyes and felt my body swirl. The white light was gone and my eyes flickered open to what I think is the Great Hall. I heard crying beside me, lots of crying. Groaning,I sat forward and everyone yelled in shock. I saw Sirius and Niko hugging one another, both faces red and puffy with tears, James and Lily as well. Remus however was a mess. His face was pale and eyes bright red and swollen, like he'd cried all the tears in the world.

"Surprise" I sheepishly said and Remus head twitched from his daze to mine. He stared at me as if trying to decipher wether he was hallucinating.

"Oct-Octavia?" He croaked, his voice coarse after screaming and crying. I smiled and reached my hand out for him to grab. Hesitantly, he raised his own and when our hands connected all bolts of electricity soared through my body.

"How... how?You were... you were dead."

"Rem,after all this time? I grinned and his face lifted at the sight of my smiling face. "There's a lot I need to tell you guys and quick."