¥ chapter seventeen ¥

"Oh Merlin I can't believe that just happened

"Oh Merlin I can't believe that just happened. There's no time for snogging someone when there's a war brewing never mind my own tasks" I huffed,pacing around my room.

"If you like him and he likes you, I don't see why you don't just go for it" Niko said laying on my bed. I gave him a cold stare and he threw his hands up in surrender.

"The thing about Moony is, he'll distance himself and refuse to accept love because of his condition, no matter who it is" James piped up, being serious for once.

"He's right, I'm not really sure how to go about it. Remus will push himself away even further, is my guess" Lily added. Regulus didn't say a word which I understand since he doesn't really know him.

"Octavia can I come in?" Sirius knocked at the door and I opened it.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" He asked entering my room. We sat on the end of my bed and I let out a sigh.

"I'm guessing Remus told you what happened?" He nodded, weakly smiling at me. "Well I just... I just don't think now is the time for relationships or anything. There's war and other things."

"We can't let our lives be ruined by a war Octavia, you can't forget to live. Moony is a hard character to get through but I see the way he looks at you, he likes you, I know he does" said Sirius,softly.

"I just can't, I need to focus. My energy is low enough without thinking about him too." Sirius didn't respond, instead he brought me into a hug. I felt comfort being in his arms, he really was like a brother to me.

After a few months, I'd done all the research I could on death. If I was going to do this, it had to be done right or the consequences would be to severe. As I was jotting down some more notes, Remus came busting into my room. I was surprised since we hadn't spoken since the kiss.

"We need to go, now! The kids are at the Ministry, Harry thought Voldemort had Sirius their" He exclaimed. I dropped my quill and sprinted out the house, apparating to the Ministry.

When we arrived, the battle had begun. There was around seven Death Eaters among on the children. Immediately curses and jinxed were being thrown and I joined in. My duelling had improved rapidly, I was much quicker and accurate. Sirius and Harry were in the centre next to the veil, duelling Lucius.

After I knock backed a Death Eater, I glanced around frantically, seeing if anyone needed help. My gaze turned to the centre where I saw a stream of red light. Sirius. His body stumbled backwards into the veil, only to not come out on the other side. Remus sprinted to Harry, grasping onto him as he screamed. Tears were streaming down my face. Sirius was gone, I lost my brother.

Remus couldn't hold him any longer and Harry sprinted out the room after Bellatrix. Remus collapsed to the floor on his knees, sobbing ecstatically. I fell next to him and brought him into my embrace. He was Remus's brother too, his last living brother. We stayed there crying, no words were exchanged. All tension of the past few months was pushed to the back of our minds, right now we needed to be there for one another.

As we cried, I thought about my mission. I needed to get it done, now more than ever. If I could bring Niko back, I'd know I'd be able to bring the rest of them. After reading all the books, I know how bad I'd feel after every life brought back. I don't care, everyone's happiness would make it worth while.

"Come on Remmy, let's go" I whispered into his ear. I placed a kiss on his head and stood up, his hand in mine. I apparated us away but not back to Grimmauld, it would be too depressing. Instead I took us to a little cottage I used when scavenging for beasts in Cornwall.

"Where... where are we?" Remus muttered.

"Just a little cottage I owned, go get some rest, I'll be in in a minute." He looked at me confused but went in nevertheless. Once he was inside I exhaled and sat on the edge of the cliff.

"Don't jump" Sirius said next to me.

"Wasn't planning on it" I replied. Sirius screeched and looked at me flabbergasted.

"You- you can see me and hear me!?" He exclaimed.

"That I can but I need to get some friends here to explain it to you" I grinned as Regulus, James, Lily and Niko appeared.

"Prong-Prongs?" Sirius sobbed and brought James into an embrace.

"Hello brother, welcome to the living dead!" James smirked and Lily swatted him.

"Reggie? How... can someone tell me what's going on!?" Sirius shouted. Regulus indicated him to sit down and began explaining everything. After he was done Sirius gasped.

"All this time I thought you were loopy! But you've actually been talking to these twits!" I rolled my eyes and snorted.

"I saw Reg for the first time when you were describing him to me that night we had a party, it was a good job you were to drunk to care" I laughed. Sirius stuck his finger up at me and we all chuckled.

"See you can never get rid of me Tavia, I'm everywhere" Sirius smirked and I grinned back.

"I can't believe I still cried over you even though I'll see you all the time."

"Was everyone crying? Full on sobbing? They better of been" he flicked his hair over his shoulders. Drama queen.

"Oh Merlin, now I have to deal with you and James together. Lily how can we escape, even Nikos bad now!" I face palmed my face.

"Hey I'm still here you know!" Niko protested.

"Yeah, that's the problem." We laughed and chatted for a while until I remembered Remus inside.

"I better go in, Remus is struggling hard. Losing all of you may of been the last straw. I have a plan for you guys and when I act on it, none of you argue against me okay? I need you all to follow my orders" I said sternly, there was no room for messing about. A bit taken a back by my serious tone, they nodded solemnly.

When I entered the cottage Remus was asleep on the sofa. I sighed and flicked my wrist for a blanket to cover him. I bent down and placed a kiss on his head.

" I'll fix this Remmy, anything for you."