XVIIII

"So, see anything today?" Riley conversed with the two boys, who sat at the table with fresh cupcakes, she sat down carefully before taking one for herself.

"Nothing out of the ordinary" Embry spoke, although it was muffled by the cupcake in his mouth, causing Riley to scoff at his manners before she snatched his arm. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full, it's inappropriate and gross" Riley explained quickly, peeling the cupcake liner before she took a small bite out of it, humming as she found it soft and fluffy.

"Sorry" Embry apologised, and Riley sent him a smile to say it was all okay, which lead to Embry picking up another ad Riley took her second bite.

The door then slid open, causing Riley to jump at the sudden sound before she recognised the heavy footsteps, so she spun around to give them a greeting smile.

"Hi Jake" Riley waves at him, and he almost froze in his place as he realised she was here, after all there was a new shifter who still wasn't under fully control yet.

"What is she doing here?" Jake questioned, his eyes glancing between the useless boys who sat at the table, they shrugged in response, before Sam and Emily came out of the kitchen with more food.

"Why's who here?" Emily quizzed as she settled down the brownies, smacking Jared's hand as he went to grab one first. "Ladies first"

"Riley, Alisha just shifted two days ago, it's not safe for her to be here" Jake responded, his temper rising at the thought of his best friend being hurt, which caused Riley to jump out of her seat at his tone and to grab his hand comfortingly.

"You do realise I just spent the day with a vampire who wants to kill every human I sight because he sucks as self control? Right?" Riley countered, and Jake began to panic even more.

"Bella let you hang around a vampire with no self control?!"

"Not the point I was trying to make" Riley cut him off from any rambling, "my best friends are a wolf and a vampire, my cousin is a witch, I think I can handle being in the same room as a new shifter, after all, you'll be here to step in"

Jake sighed in defeat, before he stormed over to the table and slouched down into a seat, grabbing a cupcake as he mumbled something to himself, Jared soon repeating it in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't make me call Kim" Riley threatened, bringing up Jared's imprint caused him to freeze in his place instantly, and Riley grinned in victory.

"You need to stop hanging out with Paul" Jared pointed out, and Jake nodded in agreement, Riley and Embry shared a knowing look.

Then, more of the shifters seemed to fill the house and Riley got to greet Seth with a hug, as he really was like her little brother.

"So much has happened—because I'm one of the newest I can be quite fast, since I'm smaller—oh! and I can also be quite strong, I think I'm stronger than you now Riles"

"Move over" Leah ordered her brother, when he was hogging all of Riley, and the pack was shocked when Leah pulled Riley into a hug. "You don't visit enough"

With that, Leah pulled away and sent Riley a look, which caused the younger girl to smile sheepishly at the taller girl. Leah then nodded and moved over so she could brood in the corner, away from everyone else.

"My turn" Paul joked as he stepped up next, and he wrapped his arms around Riley in a greeting, which she returned happily before she was the one to pull away from him warmth, to both of their dismay. "How was your day with...Jasper?"

"Great, he took me to get my first pedicure" Riley grinned happily as she held up her hands proudly, and Paul took her hand in his with a soft and small smile, which still seemed to impact her.

The pair got lost in each other's eyes again as Riley's face settled down into a more relaxed feature, before the door slid open again and Riley's attention snapped over to it.

A new girl stood on the doorway with short and unruly hair, she seems pissed off at something, which Riley inwardly related to Paul's face when she first met him.

Riley stepped forward first to greet the girl, "Hi, I'm Riley, want a cupcake? Emily and I made them"

Paul's hands itched as he watched his imprint stand closely next to the girl, he wanted to drag her away and into his arms.

"Yes please" The girl let out with a groan, walking forward and snatching up a cupcake that Riley offered. "You must be Riley, I'm so thankful that there is another girl around, these are all really annoying"

"And over protective" Riley added on, Paul acting offended alongside Jake as they sent each other a look.

"You get it, my name is Alisha, nice to meet you."