XIX

"You watched her while I was

"You watched her while I was....turning?" Bella asked as she watched her sister interact with her daughter, Renesmee seemed to love Riley's attention more than anybody else's, it almost saddened Bella how her daughter preferred her sister, but she knew that Riley was there for her when she couldn't be.

"Of course, I made a promise and I intended to keep it" Riley shoes gently to her sister, helping Renesmee with her almost-walking, holding her hands as they walked around near the trees. Renesmee loved the outside world and Riley knew they were most likely going to end up having trouble with that.

Seth couldn't be there that day as Sam and Jake had asked him to be on patrol today, the two packs had decided to combine and it actually worked better having two Alphas as it made it easier to keep an eye out on anything and it didn't put too much pressure on anyone in particular.

"How's it going with Paul?" Bella peered slightly, interested in how her sisters life was going, she was tired of talking about herself and she wanted to spend every moment she could with her sister, as Riley only had so much time.

"Great" Riley grinned happily, "dad likes him, a lot better than Edward—sorry about that. But, I feel like we're in a good place right now and we're finally getting to know each other better because we don't have any obstacles in the way"

"And...when do you think your next step will be?" Bella asked curiously, watching as Renesmee was clinging on to Riley's shirt, babbling on about nothing at all as she sat up on her own already. "Or...what the next step would be?"

"Well, we've had dates and everything so I'm not exactly sure"Riley spoke softly, before she leaned closer to her niece and cooed at the girl, pressing a kiss to Renesmee's cheek as she pulled away.

"According to Jake, watching you interact with a baby has been very...eye opening for Paul" Bella worded in carefully, and she saw her sisters look of confusion. "He means that you interacting with Renesmee is making him think about your future together"

"Oh" Riley breathed out with a flushed face, and she looked back down at Renesmee when she felt another tug, only for the girl to grab her cheeks and show her a short moment where Paul was watching her look after Renesmee with a smile, the baby soon pulled back and Riley let out a playful scowl. "Even your baby is ganging up against me, the betrayal"

Renesmee ignore her as she just fell forward and relaxed her head against her aunts chest, Bella watching with a fond smile on her face. "You are good with kids though, I'm not surprised if Paul wants to put a baby in you"

"Bella!" Riley scolded with red cheeks, Bella laughing melodically as she saw her sisters fluster face. "I don't like you hanging around Jake, you always get so blunt, maybe it's the amount of brain cells you loose when you're around him" Riley sent her sister a small look only to be returned with a raised eyebrow. "Okay, hold my gorgeous niece because I have to go to work and Carlisle is giving me a lift"

Bella stepped forward eagerly and swooped her baby in her arms, allowing Riley to finally stand up despite the cramp in her legs from being sat down so long. "Alright, have a good time then" Bella smiled, Riley returned it before she grabbed her coat that was hanging on the back of the chair, placing her arms through the sleeve before she began to button it up. She turned to see Bella's eyes only watching Renesmee in a comforting and sweet moment.

"I will, try not to let Edward and Jake kill each other while I'm gone!"