II

Riley let out a sigh as they walked out from security with all their items still with them, their bags had just been checked (again) and their passports were observed closely, as if they couldn't see the same person, maybe it was because Riley was...

Riley let out a sigh as they walked out from security with all their items still with them, their bags had just been checked (again) and their passports were observed closely, as if they couldn't see the same person, maybe it was because Riley was grinning.

And now they had just gotten their suitcases which were placed on a cart-like thing that they could push to the their dads cruiser, which would most likely be parked near the front.

"I thought we'd never escape!" Riley let out dramatically as the two walked together whilst pushing the cart, Bella smiled at her sister's sudden excitement, glad that they and each other during this experience.

"You know what, me too" She admitted, "and what was up with that guy who was hiding something under his coat? I thought it was going to be something bad..."

"Nope" Riley grinned as she spotted their father stood next to his car, "it was just his food, he didn't want to throw it away or something....DAD!"

Riley ran full force at Charlie, who chuckled as he caught her in his arms, the two shared a hug before they pulled away and looked at the awkward teenager behind them.

"Hi, Charlie" Bella waves awkwardly, and Riley pouted before she decided she should start unpacking the bags into the trunk.

Riley marches over to the cart and dragged it to besides the back of the car, where she lifted up the trunk and began to lift the bags and place them inside.

"Hold on, I'll help" Charlie quickly offered as he saw his daughter attempting to pack away the items into the trunk, before he walked over and started to unload them all into the car. "These are heavy, you must be getting stronger Riley"

Riley just giggled at him with a playful eye roll before they both continued to place the items inside, after they finished Riley decided to go in the back of the car, where there was less awkwardness.

Truth be told, Bella definitely took after their father when it came to social interaction, he had no idea what to do in any situations other than football, fishing and fooling around with Billy Black.

"Seatbelt" Bella reminded Riley, who groaned lightly before she doubled checked it for her sisters sanity. "Good"

"Calm down, Bells. You act like I'm going to disappear into things air all of a sudden" Riley joked, and Bella sent her a look that Riley knew all to well.

Bella didn't like it when Riley ever brought up her leaving, or disappearing or even being hurt, even though half of the time it would be a catchphrase, like 'I would rather die'.

"You've grown out your hair since I've last seen you" Charlie states on she had glanced at Bella, who was connecting hands with Riley through the gap on the sides.

Bella lifted her other hand to her hair as she observed it slightly, "I've cut it since you last saw me"

"I guess it grew out again" Charlie excused himself slightly awkwardly as he didn't know how to reply, and Bella dropped the pieces of hair she was holding as Riley face palmed.

They had somehow managed to make this situation more awkward.

"So, any good library's or sight seeings?" Riley spike up to break the tension in the cruiser, Bella has given up and was now watching the outside world through the window, which displayed a ton of rain.

"Yeah, I'll, erm, I'll show you at some point" Charlie stumbled on his words, "you still like your writing and photography?"

"Yep, I brought some of my best lenses here with me" Riley smiled, "I haven't been doing much writing though, haven't had much inspiration, kinda hit a slump"

"I'm sure you'll find something soon enough" Charlie reassured her, and the car went back to silence as Riley chewed on the inside of her cheek as she fiddled with Bella's fingers.

It was certainly not the most comfortable place currently.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Riley stumbled into her old room with one of her suitcases in her hands, She glanced around her old bedroom at the yellow walls and instantly cringed at her hyper-childish self, she was obsessed with the colour when she was younger but it seemed to look more like a neon to her now.

She hummed as she balanced her suitcase on her bed, she was considering painting the walls a pastel yellow instead, to soften out the walls a bit, they seemed a little too extra at the moment.

"Everything okay in here?" Charlie awkwardly asked from the doorway as he caught sight of his daughter glancing around the room, she turned to him with a wide smile.

"It's perfect, just thinking about changing the wall colour though, and it will need a bit of a tidy up" She began to list everything she needed to do, "so you need help with the rest of the stuff?"

Charlie waved her off politely, "I'll bring em up, you unpack and get comfortable"

He started to shuffle out of the room without expecting another word, but Riley replied with a "thanks, Dad!"

When he glanced back he saw her forcing her suitcase open with a grin as she began to unpack her belongings, he shook his head before leaving the room, just happy to have his daughters back.

The current suitcase on Riley's Queen sized bed was filled to the brim with all of her decorations, her other two suitcases were the actual clothes and shoes, but she had a full suitcase of things that was usually around her room.

Including her favourite blanket, she had knitted it with her old friend Jacob Black's mother (Sarah) before she had passed away, so it was extremely important to her.

She placed down the blanket at the end of the bed before turning to the rest of her items, instantly picking up the photo frames, which she had wrapped carefully, to place on display.

Unpacking the rest was just as easy, even when her father would knock on with another bag that he had found in the car, Riley was almost certain that some of hers and Bella's belongings were probably mixed up, especially because their mother helped backed the bags and she wasn't usually the best organiser.

"Riley?!" Her dad shouted, and she closed her wardrobe with an eyebrow raised, he was shouting her from downstairs, which was usual considering how quiet he usually was. At least he didn't sound angry or anything.

She trotted down the stairs with confusion and outside the front door that was wide open, and frowned once she saw a bright orange truck on their driveway, she couldn't help but think about the truck screaming for a paint job-exactly like her wall.

So, she added it to her to-do list.

Bella was sat inside of the truck, rummaging around the control's and all the different storage places, as a random kid sat next to her that she couldn't seem to make out their features.

"Riley!" Billy Black, an old friend in a familiar wheelchair greeted her, and Riley slightly squealed before she ran over to give him a big bear hug.

"How are you Billy?" She asked once she had pulled away, noticing the teenager next to her, who creeped up and pulled her into a hug. "Jake! Did you actually grow?!"

"Riley! Did you-oh wait, never mind" He cheekily states as he pulls away from her with a smirk playing in his lips, Riley scoffs before she swats his arm, to which he doesn't react to other than a small laugh.

"I missed you guys! Oh! We're going to have so many movie days!" She planned ahead as her eyes brightened up at all the fun she thought they could have together, Jake just laughed at her excited manner as his Dad began to run over Charlie's feet again.