XXI

"How many sugar's would you like in your tea?" Riley asked kindly as she stood in the kitchen (which was in the same room as the kitchen), the woman on the sofa sat there patiently with her hands fiddling as she awaited her son's arrival

"Two please" The woman smiled, and the girl nodded happily before moving to do that. The woman observed the girl quickly as she watched her dance around the kitchen, it was clear to her now that this Riley girl was dating Paul, which made her happy as Riley seemed to be one of the kindest people she had ever met in her life, which Paul needed.

Riley brought over to tea and set it down on the coffee table in front of her with a warm expression that helped with the woman's nerves, "don't worry about Paul, he's always angry and late" The small joke brought a smile on the woman's lips. "I was terrified of him at first, but now he's like a giant teddy bear"

The woman hummed along, "He isn't going to like me being here, especially being sat here with you"

"If he has a problem, he can take it up with me" Riley stated bravely, "he wouldn't dare hurt me or anything, he will try his best to listen....hopefully" Riley gulped slightly as she thought over the worst scenario's that could happen, like if he shifted in front of them and accidentally hurt one of them, he wouldn't the able to live with himself.

"Those are rare scars" The woman took notice of Riley's hand that had a giant bite mark on them, of course she new about the legends but she had hoped that it hadn't reached her son. "What did that to you?"

"A bear" Riley answered in a heartbeat, "it happened when I went camping with my older sister" She bit her lip after her own lie and hoped that Paul would appear soon.

"Not a wolf then?" The woman asked, and Riley's eyes snapped up at the woman instantly, the woman just hoped that it wasn't her son who had hurt her like that, she hoped that he wasn't like his father.

"What do you..." Riley trailed off, and the door was slammed open randomly, making Riley yell at the loud noise as their attention spun to the angry man in the doorway. "Paul?" Riley asked carefully.

"Oh thank God" He breathed out when he caught sight of her being sat there all fine and looking in perfect health. "When I got your message I thought something had happened to you and I..." his attention turned to the woman who was sat on the couch beside his girlfriend and his eyes widened at his mother.

"Paul" Riley spoke softly as she stood up from her seat, and felty reached out towards his arm, he was much more tensed than he looked. "She came to talk to you, how about you hear her out before you decide on throwing her out?" Riley spoke softly as she rubbed his arm to sooth him, and the woman realised then and there that the connection ran deeper than just dating.

Paul nodded carefully to his imprint, who's hand slid down his arm until it reached his hand, and she grabbed it quickly, his hand engulfing hers as his hand was bigger. She gave him a comforting squeeze as his eyes didn't move from his mother, he seemed to be in shock.

Riley led him over to the sofa quickly, placing him down before she glanced between the pair carefully. "I'm going to go to the bedroom to give you both some privacy" Riley smiled, before she slowly pulled her hand away from Paul, who sat frozen. "Just hear her out" Riley whispered gently, before she kissed his cheek and looked back at his mother softly. "It was nice to meet you"

"You too, Riley" The woman smiled, before Riley walked off into the bedroom silently to give them the privacy they deserved. "I like her"