IV

"Oh God, it's huge" Alice gasped once she caught sight of the wound that was healing on Riley's side, Riley smiled weakly at the girl who stood in her doorway, she was finally home after three days of being stood in the horrible hospital that she ...

"Oh God, it's huge" Alice gasped once she caught sight of the wound that was healing on Riley's side, Riley smiled weakly at the girl who stood in her doorway, she was finally home after three days of being stood in the horrible hospital that she usually liked.

In her own home, the wolves were actually allowed to visit her, as it was equal territory at current times.

Alice had offered to come over and help her bathe and get dressed as Riley hadn't been able to move much without the chance of pulling the stitches that were currently sporting her under a massive bandage.

"Thanks for doing this Alice" Riley thanked the girl, who helped the girl towards the bathroom, knowing that's she needed to brush her teeth and wash her face for the day before she actually changed her clothes, thankfully Alice was a vampire so it made moving around easier.

"Of course! I wouldn't leave any of my sisters to deal with this on their own" Alice smiled at the girl, before she reached onto the shelves and pulled out the toothpaste and toothbrush from Riley, so the girl wouldn't have to reach up for them. "I'll go get a fresh towel to clean your face with"

Alice walked out graciously, leaving Riley to look into her reflection, she did indeed look like a mess. While others were wondering if she was scared of Jake or if she didn't want to go near another wolf again, or even that she was ashamed of the scars that would appear there on her side.

She was, in fact, scared for wherever Jake was. She new he'd be beating himself up about everything he said to Riley, alongside with the scratches that he had embedded into her body by accident, but he wouldn't take any of her calls, the ones where she was finally left alone for a few minutes so she tried to ring her best friend to comfort him.

Carlisle had almost took her phone away from her when he caught her on it one evening, but when he had asked what she was doing, he let her continue as he knew she was worried about the wolf.

They weren't naturally supposed to be alone.

"Here we go! I got yellow, assuming it's yours" Alice chirped as she entered the room. "Now, do you want to bathe now or later? After everyone had visited"

Riley opted for before as she knew when everyone left she would need a huge nap.

Riley hated tense atmosphere, having Emily and Paul with her wasn't good at all, she couldn't tell what was going on in Paul's head as he looked conflicted between comforting her and killing her

Riley hated tense atmosphere, having Emily and Paul with her wasn't good at all, she couldn't tell what was going on in Paul's head as he looked conflicted between comforting her and killing her. Emily was smothering her with things she had brought over, claiming that a few of them helped when she had been hurt.

"Emily" Riley smiled up at the woman, who gunned in return as she organised the medicine on Riley's dresser. "We'll be scar buddies"

Emily sent her a heartfelt expression, before she wrapped her arms around the girl gently, giving her warmth that she had needed in days—no offence to her vampire family. "This better not become a habit out of any of us, I think we've all been through enough"

"Had anyone heard from Jake?" Riley finally asked as Emily pulled back and held onto her hand, and her heart fell when Emily shook her head.

"Why? He's the one who put you here" Paul spoke up for the first time since he had been around, and Riley sighed as she realised that Paul was angry with Jake fro hurting her.

"Emily? Could you give us a moment please?" Riley asked gently, and Emily quickly agreed, kissing Riley's head quickly before she left the room rather hastily to leave them to it—closing the door behind her as she went. "Come here Paul"

Paul looked unsure, but eventually moved over so he sat beside Riley, but his eyes seems to stick to the bandage that was peaking out of her tank top she was currently wearing. Riley let out a small smile at his expression, before she raised her hand to hold one of his cheeks.

"It was an accident and I will never hid it against Jake, nor anyone for that matter. He didn't have any control...and I'm sure anyone would've lost it in his place, I was just as angry with him" Riley explained to Paul, forcing his eyes to meet hers, and she had a grin greet her lips when he finally gave up the battle and maintained eye contact.

"You have green bits in your eyes" Paul states, changing the subject without even meaning too, he had gotten lost in her eyes—his body less tense as before, there wasn't a trace of anger as he came right back to his centre, Riley.