XX

When Riley had finished off another day at work, she decided to go over to Paul's place for the evening, knowing that his patrol had finished a few hours earlier

When Riley had finished off another day at work, she decided to go over to Paul's place for the evening, knowing that his patrol had finished a few hours earlier. She just hoped that he wasn't pigging out at Emily's house currently.

Riley sent him a quick message about going to his as she reached outside the house, before she placed her phone in her pocket and reached up on her top toes to grab the key that was hidden on a random dip in the porch, she grabbed it quickly before settling back down on her feet and unlocking the door.

The door opened up quickly, so she stepped inside and closed the door behind her, locking it for safety before she stepped forward.

"Who are you?" A voice demanded, and she looked up quickly to see a woman stood there. She analysed the older woman with a confused expression, she seemed so familiar but she couldn't place just where she was from.

"Riley" She answered quickly, "who are you and why are you in Paul's house?" She reversed the question at the woman who was stood in the middle of the living room, before Riley's eyes drifted off to a photo on the side and it clicked in her head.

Riley had the pleasure of meeting Paul's father and step-mother, they had actually been nice to her throughout dinner and later on decided to move to a new house because they thought Paul needed his own place as he was an adult now. But, the drastic tale of the drug-life mother who abandoned her family when Paul was three, she never met, that was until this moment.

"You're his mother" Riley breathed out, before she slowly took out her phone despite the suspicious look the woman sent to her. "I'm just going to call him". The woman nodded in agreement before Riley rang up her boyfriend, only to be put on his voicemail. "Hi Paul, erm, I'm just ringing to say that I'm at your house and—and well, I think it would be better if you just came here and saw for your self"

Paul had just finished helping Sam rearrange the spare room again, he had no idea why Sam was planning to clear out the room, but once he had stopped he decided to go downstairs and see what Emily was up to

"Oh! Paul!" Emily cheered out happily as she was setting some muffins down at the table. "Perfect timing, as always" Emily then started to walk towards the kitchen, only to pause as she looked back at the boy. "Your phone has been ringing by the way, I didn't want to answer it because it's your phone after all"

Paul nodded in thanks before he reached for his phone, smiling once he saw Riley's name on his screen, he was definitely whipped.

Riley❤️

Hi Paul, just going over to
your house. Are you at
Emily's? Xxx

Then Paul noticed that she had rang him only a few minutes later, even leaving a voicemail which he clicked play to.

'Hi Paul, erm, I'm just ringing to say that I'm at your house and—and well, I think it would be better if you just came here and saw for your self'

Paul tensed up when he heard her speak, she sounded worried and anxious, not forgetting scared. He glanced back to see Emily swaying in the kitchen as she was cooking more food. "Emily, I have to go see Riley, we might come over later though"

"Alright Sweetie, say hi to her for me" She smiled gently at him, and he gave her a tight one back before he ran out of the house with such a speed that he had never done before.