XXVIII

Riley bursted out crying in her struggle, not being able to reach her foot so she could put her fluffy socks on, tears streamed down her cheeks as she wailed loudly

Riley bursted out crying in her struggle, not being able to reach her foot so she could put her fluffy socks on, tears streamed down her cheeks as she wailed loudly. Footsteps became loud as someone ran into hers and Paul's room, and she looked up through her watery eyes to spot her twins in front of her.

"Mom, what happened?" Violet questioned quickly, and Riley let out a cry again as she pointed her sock on the floor out to the ten year old, who instantly fell to the floor to help her mother put the sock on. "Jay, go get some strawberries for her"

The quiet boy nodded shapely before he ran out of the room after gaining his twins orders, he had often been really quiet his whole life, even as a baby. He often only spoke to people when it was a one-to-one conversation with someone he was close with. Like his mother, sister and sometimes his dad if he needed to.

"It's okay mom" Violet reassured with her father's soft side that she had inherited, the hot headed girl was usually a snappy and snarky girl in school, but her walls crumbled the second she was around her mother and twin, and sometimes when her dad wasn't being stubborn himself. "See? The socks on, nice and cozy"

"Thank you, Violet" Riley breathed out through her tears, her daughter reaching forward to brush away her mother's tears, Riley was on her third pregnancy and this had been the most emotional one yet for some reason. "Where's your sister?"

Violet rolled her eyes, "Sarah is out playing with Levy" Levy was Jared and Kim Cameron's youngest child who was the same age as Sarah, Riley and Kim swore that they were destined to be imprints because of the connection the pair had, but Paul was furious of the idea of Jared's son getting with his daughter.

Sarah's was a daddy's girl, which he absolutely loved considering the twins preferred their mother, alongside most of their friends kids and their nieces and nephews, Riley found it amusing how she was the favourite.

"Great! She needs an influence other than Harry" Who was Leah's son who was a total rascal who didn't take anything to his head, he just rebelled against everything even though he was only eighteen years old, she didn't like that influence on Sarah.

"Tell me about it" Violet agreed with a small hum before her twin appeared around the corner of the doorway with a bowl full of chocolate covered strawberries, walking forward to hand it to his mother proudly.

"Thank you Jay" Riley praised, kissing the boys cheek who smiled at the affection before he stepped back and grabbed his twins hand. "What are you two up to today? Because I'm not going to let your dad pay you to be babysitters, I'm capable of looking after myself"

"Even if we wanted to leave, dad would kill us" Violet pointed out. "Now watch those crime documentaries and eat your strawberries" Violet instructed sharply, kissing her mom's head as she helped her settle down into bed, she then walked out of the room.

"Love you" Jay spoke softly, reaching forward to kiss his mom's cheek before he quickly ran after his twin, not wanting to be away from her for too long as he didn't have any friends of his own. The door shut behind the twins and Riley rolled her eyes at violet's behaviour, she was too much like her father it hurt.

But, she shook off the thought as she lifted a strawberry up to her mouth and took a huge bite, clicking play on her crime show she was currently watching.