VIIII

Riley's eyes seemed to open on their own, her eyes adjusting slightly as she took in her surroundings, it was defiantly early morning as it was still dark and she could tell that she was still at Emily's house

Riley's eyes seemed to open on their own, her eyes adjusting slightly as she took in her surroundings, it was defiantly early morning as it was still dark and she could tell that she was still at Emily's house. Her eyes scanned the lovely woodland themed room before her hazel eyes landed on the sleeping figure beside her.

Her cheeks flushed as she remembered what had happened the night prior, she had stood her ground, only to find out that she was his imprint in the heat of the moment.

She could remember all the tale's that Sarah used to describe to her, about how from day 1 (when their eyes usually met) nothing was ever the same, the imprint became the centre of their universe and they physically couldn't part with them. Riley remembers that she had asked Sarah if she had one, and Sarah's gave her a small teasing look, saying 'just don't ask Billy though, he won't want you to know these things' .

Billy had imprinted on Sarah, is what Riley had deduced as she watched the couple closely. She was curious when she was younger, the whole world seems different to her than her sister. Riley had forced Sarah to tell the tale on how Billy and Sarah met, before she claimed that she wanted an imprint.

'It doesn't work that way, my little wonder' Sarah's responded softly, a smile on her lips. 'You see, you can chose if you want to be their friend, their protected, or even their lover.

Riley hadn't thought it was gross like other kids, instead her eyes grew wider as she got excited. To even have a possibility like Sarah.

Her hand fell down to Paul's sleeping head automatically, and she gently brushed her hand over his hair, smiling softly down at him.

The boy shifted underneath her hand, which she quickly snatched away as she blushed, but he rested his head on top of his arm on the bed, smiling up at her gently. "I liked that"

Riley nodded slightly before she returns her hand to his hair, brushing it lightly with her fingers as she tried to ignore the state he was setting her in. But, eventually he pushed her hand off and took it in his hand, holding it up to his lips so he could place a chaste kiss to it.

"What are you doing?" Riley asked, trying to make her voice sound as normal as possible, this had to be one of the most tense moments she had ever been in and Paul looked completely calm.

Paul was actually freaking out, she hadn't exactly said anything about the imprint bond, but she wasn't screaming at him, pushing him away from her. The mere thought of that possibly happening made his heart ache, which is what caused him to grab her hand and kiss it. He smiled at her shyness, happy that she was as effected as him.

"Kissing my imprint's hand" He responded, not holding back from why she had fainted in the first place.

"I heard right then" Riley's tone was unrecognisable, and Paul inwardly freaked out even further, the other imprints had much bigger responses than that. Where and what could he even do??

"An imprint doesn't have to be anything romantic or anything—"He went to cover up, only for Riley to place her hand on his mouth quickly, sending him a small look before she moved it.

"I know, Sarah explained when I was younger" Riley smiled fondly, and Paul suddenly wanted to slap Jake for not giving him a heads up that she already knew what an imprint was. "And I know I have a choice as to what we can be. But I want to know what you would want as well. T-then it's fair?"

Paul smiled at her, he couldn't help it as she just seems so adorable in that moment. "I would want us to be lovers, but I'm not going to push you into anything"

"C-can we..." Riley gulped slightly, bringing herself back together as Paul watched her intently. "Can we...work our way up?"

Paul was content with that answer, he immediately filled with happiness, leaning forward to kiss her blushing cheeks before he grabbed both her hands, that fit together like a perfect puzzle. "You won't regret it, I promise"

"I know" Riley nodded slightly, before a yawn escaped her and Paul switched to concerned.

"You need to sleep" Paul removed his hands from hers and rested them against her shoulders, pushing her back against the pillows gently, pulling the blankets up so she wouldn't get cold.

"Do you wanna stay on the bed too?" Riley asked, and Paul froze, not really knowing what she wanted. "I don't want you to stay on the chair, and I feel like I want you close"

Paul smiled down at her, before he climbed in beside her, making sure he was on top of the covers so he didn't push it too far. Riley quickly moved over to him, relishing in his warmth, and he lowered his arm around her waist, her head tucking itself under his chin as they both closed their eyes to catch up on the sleep they had missed.