XIV

"This might hurt, just a little" Jane had told Bella, narrowing her eyes down at the girl, who didn't even flinch.

"She's immune" Riley thought out loud, Alice sending her a slight nod. "This is getting weird"

Aro let out a huge laugh, that caused Riley to flinch massively, his hands clapping in amusement. "Remarkable, she confounds us all. So, what do we do with you now?"

"You already know what you're going to do, Aro" One of the older guys on a throne stated, seeming almost bored with the whole ordeal.

Riley immediately stepped up slowly and made her way to Bella, taking cautious steps backwards as she reached her sister, their hands brushing, and Bella shivered as if she could feel it.

The link, Riley suggested to herself.

"She knows too much" the other one concluded, and Aro seemed almost sad that he couldn't keep his play thing. "She's a liability"

Aro sighed, "that's true. Felix"

The boy who was once holding Bella let go and walked over to the side quickly, Bella spooning round as another man started to walk towards them.

"No" Edward intervened, spinning Bella around so he could fight him.

While Edward charged towards the guy named Felix, Alice was pulled as someone grabbed her throat.

Riley ran towards Alice and tried to pry the fingers off the man, who seemed confused when there was a force pushing against his fingers, but Riley stopped as the man named Felix had finally pinned Edward to the floor, turning to Bella with such speed neither had witnessed before.

Edward!! Riley screamed in her brain, before the boy stood up again and began to fight.

"No, no! Please, please! Kill me, kill me. Not him" Bella begged, and the room paused at the girls sudden outburst, Riley sending her sister an unknown look.

Riley suddenly felt as if she was being pinched, and she panicked as Aro began to walk towards Bella, but she couldn't hear what he was saying to her, as the image seemed to fade away and she screamed out for her sister.

Riley shot up with a gasp, instantly gasping as someone wrapped their arms around her and she reacted almost immediately. "Oh my God, Bella"

"We heard everything you thought and spoke" Athena whispered, her voice seemingly strained as her eyes were red from tears. "I had to get you out of there when you said that they could feel you"

Riley blinked, removing her arms slowly from Paul, who seemed to be the first person she subconsciously grabbed when she had woken up from that nightmare.

"It was horrible" Riley admitted, her voice breaking halfway through. "They were going to kill all of them"

"I removed the link" Athena spoke softly, taking a seat next to Riley, before brushing some of the girls hair that seemed to be stuck to her face with sweat. "You should get some rest, Bella should be home in a few hours."

"I-I can't, can you stay with me?" Riley asked Athena, who nodded softly, and then Riley looked over to see Jake watching in the corner, and she held her hand out for him to grab. "You too, we can have a sleepover"

Jake nodded, reaching forward and grabbing her hand, only for her to tug him onto the bed and hug him. "I'm glad you're not connected anymore, Riles"

"Me too" Riley admitted, rubbing his back slowly, before she glanced at Paul. "Would you like to stay too?"

"I better go catch up with Sam, tell him the Cullen's are heading back" Paul said, his arms crossed as he seemed to be quite rude, but Riley gave him one of the softest smiles he's ever seen anyway.