II

Arriving to Emily's managed to kill out the good mood that Leah had previously been in, her whole figure tended up as her face scrunched up in annoyance

"We don't have to eat here, you know? We could always go to yours instead?" Riley offered to Leah, only for Leah to shake her head slightly.

"Seth's in there" Leah spoke in a deeper tone than before, glaring at the house in front of them as they both sat in her car, her hands clenching onto the steering wheel.

"Alisha will be there, right?" Riley quizzed, mentioning the other female wolf who Leah tenders to tolerate more than the others, which meant that the pair usually had patrol together.

"Yeah" Leah nodded to herself, removing her hands from the wheel slowly before they moved to her door, which she pushed open, gaining a comforting grin from Riley in return. "Alright, let's be quick"

Riley let out a small laugh as she threw her head back slightly, before she slid out of her seat herself, her door being opened by Leah, who seemed to have more manners than the boys.

The pair walked up to the open house and stepped inside rather hesitantly, Riley opted to stay by Leah's side instead of racing off like she usually did.

"Hey! How was the gym?" Alisha asked firstly, the others glancing over at the pair once they realised that they were there, most of them weren't even there, leaving the ones that annoyed Leah the most, unfortunately.

"Great! You have to come some time!" Riley smiled brightly, causing Alisha to smirk at the offer and for Jake to roll his eyes about how open she was being to everyone else, seemed like she was gaining new best friends—he wouldn't admit that he was jealous out loud though.

"What happened to your hand?" Jared pointed out her hand, which she glanced down at to see it bruised, causing her to grin as she remembered the moment where she had gained it.

"I punched a vampire in the face" Riley shrugged playfully, causing Jared to let out a huge laugh as he clapped his hands together in an applause, Alisha high fives Riley as Jake grinned.

"Badass" Alisha notes, before she grabs Riley's hand gently. "But you should get some cream or something on that"

"I'll go grab some" Leah offered, not really wanting to be in that environment. "First aid kit should be in the kitchen, I'll be right back"

Leah left the room quickly, wandering off into the kitchen, leaving the boys back to their eating as Alisha stared down at the mark on Riley's hand, for some reason it was bothering her that Riley had hit the vampire.

"So, who did you hit?" Alisha blurted out, her eyes finally moving from the marks as she met Riley's eyes, and Riley tilted her head slightly in confusion.

"Jasper" As soon as the words left Riley's lips, Alisha suddenly felt something wash over her, which left her confused. "You should meet him, he's a great fighter. Even offered to teach me"

"Why would you need to fight?" Jake furrowed his eyebrows, speaking up in the middle of the girls conversation.

"Because I'm surrounded by wolves, vampires and a witch—or as she prefers, warlock" Riley responded, smiling as Jake finally understood with a small eye roll instead of words. "I'll be surprised if you pass High school, Jake"

"You seriously need to stop hanging around with who you do, they're rubbing off on you" Jake grumbled, just as Leah returns with the first aid kit and an annoyed looked on her face—meaning Emily and tried to talk to her in the kitchen.

"Let me do it" Leah snaps at Riley as she pulled the girls hand to her, looking harsh, but she didn't inflict any harm or anything on the girl.

"How about we head over to yours after this? I believe I owe you a marathon" Riley smiled gently at the older girl, who nodded in return, applying cream to Riley's knuckles as she didn't glance at any of the others.

"Paul is going to be so mad that he missed seeing Riley" Seth grinned from the sofa, and everyone chuckled out loud, Leah even smiling.