VIII

"I am going to rip her to shreds when I find her pale ass" Athena grumbled as she walked back and forth in the the living room, Riley crouched on her feet as she binned all the beers her father had drank the previous night because Bella had left them

Bella's words were printed on them both and now there was a familiar silence upon the house, one the family members hadn't felt since the first member of the family had walked out on them.

'You may be smart Riley, but you don't function like a normal person, you can't possibly understand anything I'm going through!"

"Help me understand then, Bells!"

"I've tried too long to put up with your childish fantasies"

"Oh, and don't forget what I'm going to do with that Justin Timberlake wannabe, he's going to be paler than his freaking father when I'm done with him" Athena continued her walking, Riley sniffling again as she placed another beer can into the bag. "No, let me do that"

Athena practically threw herself to the ground and grabbed the bin bag from Riley, who just nodded slightly as her cousin took over cleaning the living room.

Riley sunk back against the chair and decided to stare forward as Athena continued to mumble about all the ways she'd hurt Edward once she had her hands on him.

Then, there was footsteps racing down the stairs and the pair looked over to a distraught looking Charlie swab, who had his phone in one hand and his car keys in the other.

"We need to go"

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

When they had arrived to the hospital in Phoenix, chalice was racing to the desk with Riley as Athena was scanning around the area.

"You little bitch!" Athena cursed out loud as she spotted a few of the Cullen's sat in the waiting area, her eyes mainly drawn to Edward as she gained all of their attentions.

Edward stood up and met her gaze, glancing over to the worried sister and father momentarily before turning back to the raging woman. "Athena-"

Athena had swung her fist to his stomach, causing him to let out a groan and hold onto his stomach, someone stifled a laugh in the background.

She blew a piece of her hair away from her face before readying her fist for another go, "good, that's a start-"

Riley had grabbed her hand so she couldn't hit him anymore and forced her cousin to meet her demanding eyes, "not now Athena, we're here for Bella"

Athena let out a small huff as she glanced at the boy clenching his stomach, before she pouted and took a seat opposite the staring stalker that she hates so much.

"Thank you, Riley" Edward's chilly voice spoke and goosebumps rose on her arms and legs, but she crossed her arms and shook her head at him.

"I hope you know that you'll never be excepted into this family, and that if you mess up again, I won't be the one holding Athena back...it would have to be he police and I don't think my dad would even try" Riley quickly stated, before she hummed slightly and wandered over to the seat next to Athena, who sat with her head down.

"Maybe next time, you should just...let me get him?" Athena questioned with a small shrug in her shoulders, as she refused to meet eyes with the boy who sat opposite then.

"Next time" Riley agreed and Athena let out a small cheer, before sending a glare in the staring boys direction, hoping to fend him off. "God, I'm tired"

Athena grumbled something before she took off her coat and hung it over her petite cousin, before forcing her head into her shoulder, Riley thanked her before she snuggled closer and closed her eyes.

Charlie walked over to the pair and looked softly at them, he smiled at Athena, who gave a small smile back before she rested her head on top of Riley's.