VI

"You shouldn't have done that, I would have been fine" Athena grumbled as her cousin, who was half passed out on her bed since they had decided to go to Riley's bedroom

"You know I wouldn't" Riley smiled, although it seemed lopsided as her eyes were closed shut as her head was dangling onto the pillow beside her, and Athena watched her cousin sadly.

"We shouldn't have gone, despite the help, all we've done is piss everyone off" Athena complained , watching her cousin be in such a state seemed to piss her off further and she wanted to heal things with everyone. "Alright, jump on my back, we're going to Emily's"

Athena had practically forced Riley into something other than pyjamas, so she was being carried by Athena in her leggings and a large jumper that she explained was Jake's

Athena had practically forced Riley into something other than pyjamas, so she was being carried by Athena in her leggings and a large jumper that she explained was Jake's. She pushed the door open with a small glare and wandered in, Riley's head tilting slightly as she went, she was definitely asleep right now.

"Complain later" Athena entered the building with, and the wolves snapped their attention to her, before widening at the sight of an unconscious Riley.

"What did you do?!" Paul snapped as he stood up abruptly and gathered Riley away from Athena's back and into his arms, carrying her bridal style as her head rolled over to his chest.

"Nothing! She offered to—she'll be fine after some rest" Athena snapped back at him angrily, annoyed that he assumed that she had harmed Riley.

"I'll go get a cold cloth, you guys, calm down" Emily wanted the group with a gentle yet stern voice, Sam nodding beside her as he seemed to follow behind her, obviously feeling more attached as their was a wild vampire around.

"What happened?" Quil questioned as he cleared the sofa for Riley to lie on, and Paul laid the girl down carefully before kneeling next to her and holding her hand in his.

"I was out of magic and energy, from the other night and the pull of the bond, cause I haven't seen Emmett in a while. And she offered for me to take some energy from her. She'll be fine after she sleeps" Athena informs the others, and watches as Paul lifts his hand up gently to removed hairs from Riley's face. "You guys are dicks for not telling us about Victoria, thankfully Riley is smarter than all of you combined"

Paul ignored her, his attention remaining on his imprint who was asleep in front of him, he hated lying to her. But the idea of them falling out because of it was even more hurtful, he hates when they were apart.

"So, we just wait until she's awake then?" Quil spoke up, earning a nod from Athena, who crossed her arms over in a mood.

"I'm never doing that again" Riley mumbled as her eyes clenched slightly, she felt better but the soreness that Athena had once felt seemed to be attached to her now

"I'm never doing that again" Riley mumbled as her eyes clenched slightly, she felt better but the soreness that Athena had once felt seemed to be attached to her now. "Athena?"

Her eyes opened up and she realised that she wasn't in her bed anymore, or her house for that matter, she had Paul smiling down softly at her as he brushed her hair and her heart fluttered before she noticed other people.

"Why am I here?" Riley questioned, moving to sit up, only for Paul to help lift her up and settle her against some pillows that they had grabbed from the guest bedroom, including the blankets.

"Brought you here to kiss and make up with the wolves" Athena explained with a shrug, ripping another piece of her muffin off before placing it in her mouth. "They're fine now, by the way. I'll patch it up with the Vamps as well"

"Tell Jasper I'm sorry" Riley did her best pleasing look, ultimately making her look like a kitten, making Paul kiss her cheek randomly, her face flushed. "What was that for?"

"He wouldn't stop frowning when you were asleep" Emily joked as she entered with a glass of water, holding it out too Riley generously, and she took it with a smile. "How are you feeling, Riles?"

"Better, much better" Riley grinned, taking a sip off her water before glancing around at everyone. "Warmer than normal"

"Maybe it would help if Paul wasn't attached to you" Athena grumbled under her breath, shoving another piece of muffin in her mouth. "Your dad thinks your sleeping over at mine, which you are, cause no way am I leaving you with Paul"

"Don't be mean" Emily warned everyone, giving a pointed look to Athena and Paul, she has enough of their bickering for the last few hours.

Riley's phone suddenly began to ring, and she picked it up despite the looks that everyone gave her, lifting it up to her ear in confusion. "Bella?"

"Riley, where are you?"

"The pack house, why? What's going on?" Riley questioned her sisters worry, listening to her sister let out a sigh of relief on the other end.

"There's been another vampire in your house, they left your dad alive but they obviously had other intentions" The voice had now switched to Edward, and Riley gasped as she spun her legs off the sofa, reaching to find her shoes as the pack watched her.

"What do you need me to do?" Riley quizzed, tilting her shoulder to hold the phone against her ear as she put her boots on.

"We need a wolf, their....sniffing abilities or something?" Bella explained awkwardly, and Riley glanced around at the wolves who could obviously hear in. "Come with them and pack a bag, we're staying with the Cullen's so we can stay safe"

Paul shook his head from beside Riley, making her sigh. "I'll come with a wolf, and I'll bring Athena cause she needs to make up with Emmett...but I'm going to stay with the wolves tonight"

"Like Jake?" Bella asked, not liking any of the other wolves, making Riley laugh.

"Yes, I'll pick him up on the the way" Riley responded quickly, before she ended the call and looked around the room. "Okay, who wants to sniff out a vampire?"