Chapter 19

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

I took one last look in the mirror. I made sure the deep burgundy turtleneck was tucked in my plaid skirt and fixed my hair back so my earrings were visible. I had painted my nails red to match, but now I wondered if it might have been too much.

I grabbed my bag and went to get my coat. After a slight hesitation, I went with the cream white one that hung down to my knees. I put on my slightly high ankle boots careful not to rip the black tights. All in all I felt pretty...pretty damn nervous.

How the hell was I going to go through with this? I felt sick to my stomach from nervousness and I was sure any moment now I was going to pass out.

"Mom can I borrow the perfume again?" I asked from the hallway.

"You can take it, it's yours." She yelled from the living room and then showed up at the door with the perfume. "Your father likes the previous one more." She winked and gave me the perfume.

I spritzed some on my neck and wrists and shoved it in my bag heading out.

The weather was pretty cold today or it might have been that I wore a skirt that I could feel the breeze tickling my knees, but somehow I made it to the station waiting for the tramway.

I got off on the station closest to the October festival vendors and walked towards it, my hands pressed in fists in my coat pockets. Breathe Francy. Breathe.

As I was approaching closer and closer I saw him standing there. Oh god. He was so hot. His hair was up for the first time and he was wearing a coat instead of a jacket. His lips curved in a smile as he saw me.

Oh my god. I am too nervous. I'm going to be sick.

"Hi." He said when I approached him.

"Hi." I said trembling from my feet to my head. My feet were unsteady on the ground.

"Are you cold?" He asked me.

"I'm uh.." And as I stared at him I just laughed out. Oh god. This was crazy.

He stood there waiting for me to stop laughing. Eventually, I got my hands out of my pocket and covered my mouth, unable to stop laughing.

"What?" He smiled.

"I'm too nervous that I can barely stand," I told him wiping a tear at the corner of my eye.

He chuckled and looked down at his feet. "For a second I worried you were regretting that you agreed to this."

I shook my head. "Just the opposite."

We stood there smiling in silence.

"So.." He spoke first. "Should we ...go."

"Yes." I said following him.

We walked for a while until we reached a street full of cafes. He took me to this coffee shop I had never been to before. When we got there the host even asked us for reservations.