Chapter 39

Francy's p.o.v

Three weeks had passed since Rehan's birthday and I was finally able to put the piles of homework, study material, projects and exams behind me. I always did well under pressure but this time not only I focused on studying, but I made sure I thought of nothing else and nobody else but studying.

Luckily Ace and Kai seemed busy enough with El..Lucy. Something about a new game and a deal they could land and they never came around the house. Which was perfect. This way I could slowly start forgetting about him.

I looked down, realizing I might overheat the milk. I grabbed my favorite mug, filled it with a sugar-killing amount of hot chocolate powder and then poured the milk over it. I grabbed the vanilla creamer and added a splash of that.

Hm.. something was missing. I opened the fridge and poured the whipped cream over the mug. Okay now before it melts......I grabbed some chocolate from the shelf and shredded some over the mug.

I grabbed the mug and quickly ran back to the bedroom and I placed it by the window so I could take pictures.

I had already prepared a winter set up in my room.

"Now come on. don't be shy. Pose for the camera." I moved the hot chocolate more to the left and took some pictures.

"Ah you look so delicious."

After I was done I took a pillow and sat on the ground next to the bed looking outside. It was almost December and I wished I would see some snow before Christmas.

I took a sip of the hot chocolate. Mmmmm. Perfect.

Suddenly someone knocked on my door. Someone is home.

"Come in."

Rehan peeked his head through the door.

"Hey come in." I smiled and tapped the floor next to me.

He made his way next to me and grabbed the blanket covering himself over his head. "It's freezing outside."

"I know. I got back maybe thirty minutes ago and I'm still unable to warm up. Here." I handed him the mug. "Take a sip."

"Oh your favorite mug." He smiled. "This is going to be good."

He took a sip and licked his lips. "Damn this is as good as it looks."

"I know right." I smiled proudly.

We sat like that in silence sharing the mug.

"I wanna thank you for the birthday present again. It was a dream come true." He nudged me.

I nudged him back. "I'm so glad you loved it."

Though I had help, I couldn't stop my pride that I managed to make Rehan that happy.

"I'm hooOoOoOme." We could hear Kai from the door.

Seconds later he showed up in my room and leaned on the door.

"Oh, what are you two........is that my mug?" His eyes became dark.

I looked down at the mug. "Umm yes."

"Yes, but it's her favorite mug." Rehan pointed out.

"It's MY MUG." Kai said and took a step closer in a threatening manner.

"Yeah but it's MY favorite." I answered and took a sip.

"Damn it Francy..I've told you a million of times that if I ever catch you..."

"I know I know. Wanna sip?" I raised the mug up. "It's still hot."

He took a deep breath to calm down and then took the mug. He brought the mug down and made the most disgusted face.

"This is diabetes in a mug. What did you put in this?" He still couldn't shake it off and shivered in disgust.

"Sugar, chocolate powder, vanilla creamer, milk, whip cream and more chocolate." I grinned.

"Francy, don't you wanna live by the time you're thirty?" He handed me the mug back.

"My sugar was low. I barely had any candy while I was studying. Last time I ate sweets was for Rehan's birthday."

"I tried it. I thought it was good." Rehan cuddled the blanket.

Kai shook his head. "You and Francy used to nibble on grandma's sugar cubes. I'm surprised you have your teeth."

Me and Rehan looked at each other and laughed. I got up and decided to head into the kitchen to take the mug back and wash it, so Kai doesn't nag. As I was leaving my room I could hear Rehan asking Kai.

"Aren't you with Ace and Lucy?"

"They're.."

As I walked into the living room I saw Ace and Elric sitting on the couch chattering something between themselves.

Oh my god!

They were back turned so I tried to speed through the living room to the kitchen.

"Francy!" Ace turned around in that exact moment and smiled. Elric turned towards me and I instantly froze under his gaze.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I answered.

"Hi." He said again, still staring at me.

"Hi." I added.

"You two sound like Kai and Remi." Ace chuckled.

"Hahhha." I laughed out loud. "Good one."

Elric cleared this throat and glanced away.

I instantly speed walked into the kitchen. Oh my god. That was close.

I placed the mug in the sink and hit my chest to calm down. "Stop being too annoying. Stop it."

My heart felt like it was going to come out of my chest. I said I won't do this anymore. Damn it.

I reached for the phone in my pocket and called Remi.

"Remi you need to get yourself here immediately." 

"Um Francy...I have a life sweetie. I can't just run over whenever you feel like it. Don't you know how much homework I haven't even started doing and...?"

I cut her off. "Lucy is here with my brother. In my house. Chilling on the couch. I think Rehan and Kai just joined them. I don't think they are planning on leaving."

"I'll be right there."She hung up and I decided to wait in the kitchen. It's okay. I can wash some dishes.

Right....Okay..Okay. How do I look? I tried to look at myself in a spoon laying on the counter. I didn't trust my front camera.

Pushing my hair back and making sure I have no chocolate stains on the corner of my mouth, I tried to straighten out my clothes. Ugh I could have worn something cute.