Chapter 3

Francy's p.o.v

The coffee shop was relatively empty. We decided to sit on the second floor next to the picture windows where we could watch the rain. There was a vintage radio playing Parisian music behind me, and a few board games piled on top of each other, while behind him there were few books that people could read when alone. I was drowned in the ambient, the music, and the aesthetic. The decorative light bulbs that showed dim yellow light were all over the ceiling. The waiter brought our order. Few crispy chocolate cookies were brought in a wooden plate and two hot cocoas were placed in front of us smelling divine. My beating anxious heart had calmed down.

"I don't know your name," I said to him trying to catch his gaze but he was back to being quiet and sleepy. He stared outside at the raindrops on the window.

"Thank you once again for helping me out. And for paying for the hot cocoa." I tried to make conversation, but he seemed uninterested in the conversation.

"I said it's fine." He murmured.

We were so quiet and the waiters gave us curious eyes, but for the gratefulness of him saving my cat, I put up with the awkwardness of staying silent.

"Your cat..."

Oh, he started talking.

"Your cat is a Turkish angora right?" He asked and finally made eye contact with me.

"Yes." I nodded. "Momo is my youngest and I always wanted angora so we..."

His eyes glinted with excitement. "You have more than one?"

Encouraged that we were finally talking, I ranted. "My oldest cat Pierre is a ragdoll. My brother and I kidnapped him from a pet store when we were little and refused to give him back even when our parents grounded us. Pierre is such a nice cat, we didn't have one single scratch when we were growing up. And Dorian Grey..."

"Dorian Grey? Oscar Wilde's Dorian?" He smiled from ear to ear.

I shook my head smiling. "He used to stare at himself in a mirror every day and stare for hours and hours so we named him that."

"Is he a ragdoll too?"

"He is a Norwegian forest cat."

"Noo.." He covered his eyes and smiled. His smile was so adorable I could feel my heart exploding from my chest.

"Tell me you have pictures." He asked.

I pulled out my phone and started showing him videos and pictures.