Chapter 42

Lucy's p.o.v

Remi and Francy left the room in a hurry. I glanced at Kai whose eyes followed Remi out of the room like a lost puppy.

I could barely contain my laugh.

"What?" Ace asked catching onto that.

"I just thought of something really funny." I tried to shake it off.

I took another look at Francy's younger brother. He was smart and a great addition to my team. Seemed like the whole family was pretty great. I kind of got the urge to help out Kai a bit.

"So no one here is dating?" I asked.

As if the silence in the room was not silent enough, they all looked at me confused.

"I'm just asking cause it seems all of you have the time in the world." I added

"I broke up with my girlfriend to have all the time in the world." Ace said. " I chose you over my love life, so you should be grateful."

I wanted to open my mouth and say, You little shit. So did I.

But, I bit my tongue.

"What about you?" Rehan asked. "What happened with that girl you were seeing"

Rehan was ballsy enough to ask.

"Touchy subject." I replied and cleared my throat looking at Kai. "But it wasn't going to go anywhere unless I did something."

Kai seemed to be in thought and then went back to his tea making.

Francy's p.o.v

Remi pulled me in the living room and then took a deep breath.

"I got to tell you this and I don't know where to begin..." She avoided eye contact.

"What do you have to tell me?"

"I...I..." She hesitated. Then she broke into a smile. "I'm thinking of wrapping things up and going home. Is that okay with you? I really have so much homework."

So much for bringing up the Kai subject, as I thought.

"It's okay. Thank you so much for helping me out today."

We got back in the kitchen and she started gathering her jars.

"Are you leaving?" Ace asked her.

"Yeah. I have to go. I had fun ,everyone. Bye." She smiled and left in such a hurry, a cold breeze swept by us.

I glanced at Kai but he was staring away disinterestedly.

Ahh..

I followed Remi out, going back and forth in my head if I should bring out the Kai topic,but once we got to her car I had lost all courage.

"See ya tomorrow." She opened her car door.

"See ya." I smiled and waved.

I got back inside and sat on the couch in the living room, a bit disappointed in the whole situation. I was always free to talk to Remi and tease her and ask her questions, but it was so hard to find the right words about asking her if she had any feelings for Kai. I wasn't sure myself what her feelings were and if they showed up recently or she had liked him all along.

I was hopeless. I had no idea how to help my friend nor my brother.

I sunk further down into the couch.