Chapter 51

Early treat for my babes. It's a bit short, but more is coming. Don't forget to vote

Lucy's p.o.v

After we drank the coffee, we got separated into rooms. Kai and Francy took the kitchen. Rehan the hall. His mom and dad were working on other things and Ace and I ended up outside putting on the lighting.

Ace was on the ladder while I passed him on the lights.

"Why do you put so much effort into decorating?" I asked..

"I don't know. It's like a family tradition. We do this every year." Ace said. "Plus there's the party we started throwing."

"I think it's nice though, don't get me wrong. But couldn't you hire decorators instead of doing so much work."

"Kai suggested it to our parents once, but they said, and I quote. "where's the fun in that." I take it they want us to appreciate the results more as we put in all the effort."

"Well makes sense." I kept on passing the lights. Thankfully I had my gloves on or my hands would have been frozen. I could see my own breath in the air.

"So.." I tried to start a conversation I was trying to start for a week now. I was thinking how to bring this up and then I got an idea. "So you do all this work alone? Isn't there any outside help like Kai's friend Fin or Remi?"

"Sometimes. But this weekend they're busy."

"Mhm..And anyone else..like Francy's boyfriends.."

Ace looked down at me, but I pretended like this was a very spontaneous question.

"She never had a boyfriend before. I don't know. She does her own thing. I don't question it."

"I see." How do I put this.."And none of your friends at school never hit on her."

Ace chuckled. "Yeah right. Like I'll let anyone I hang out with, near her."

I pressed my lips together. Right. What answer was I expecting. Here you go Lucy. You can date my sister.

I decided to close the subject there. Luckily Kai came outside to change the subject.

"Do you need any help?" He asked looking up at Ace.

"We're good. I need to just move the ladder to the other side and do that one and we're done. Dad said he will do the rest." Ace got off the ladder dust off some snow.

He took the ladder and I helped him carry the ladder to the other side.

"Tell him. Tell him!!" Ace nudged me.

"Tell me what?" Kai asked.

I took off my glove with my teeth and reached for my pocket to take out the printed email.

"What is this?" He asked as he kept on reading. "The game development world championship? Accepted?"

Me and Ace waited for him to realize what this meant.

He finally finished reading the email. "Wait, you entered the competition?"

"Yes." Ace yelled and hugged Kai with one arm. "I figured this is the best way to get noticed. I mean we perfected his game over a million times. We had all our best game testers go into details about everything. I begged him...but Lucy here.." He gave me a glare. "He didn't want to do it. He chickened out."

"No.No." I argued. "I just thought we could get some money another way. I was waiting to see if we will hear back from other companies, maybe land a deal like that. But since our current PR," I looked at Ace "said this would be a good idea I decided to give it a shot. I sent it in and now we wait for the contest to start."

"What category did you enter?" He asked.

"Pro Division." We both answered.

Kai covered his face and then looked at us smiling. "You crazy bastards. I don't know if I should say congratulations or kill you for not telling me. Things are going crazy after New Years, I presume."

"We will be on the edge." I exhaled. It was exciting just thinking about it. Going into the world championships meant giant publicity in the gaming world. We would put our name out there. Get some recognition. And then onto a money making business venture in the game developing world. We could be the next Assassin Creed.

"Sorry we couldn't include you in the team competition since you're not 18 yet." Ace sighed and squeezed his shoulder. "But after we win this, we're gonna pay you a lot of money for helping us out with everything financial."

Kai's face didn't change. "I will keep receipts. Getting paid is only the short term goal."

"Oh." I looked at Ace and then back at Kai. "And the long term goal?"

"While you are getting further into the game developing world, maybe overtake Sony, I will graduate university and then run the finances in your multi million money making company. With bonuses every year."

Me and Ace looked at each other and laughed.

"I love the way you're thinking." Ace hugged me and his brother. "Where do I sign?"