Chapter 22

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

My heart was going to burst out of my chest the closer Remi got to the Devil's den. She parked near the cafe and pulled out two pairs of glasses handing one to me.

"Where did you get these?" I asked.

She put them on, staring through the windshield like she was in a movie. "I stole them from the lost and found section."

"Of course you did." I put mine on and leaned towards the windshield.

We were sitting there for ten minutes in quiet and I reached for the radio, but she slapped my hand.

"Oh come on, we can at least listen to music."

"No distractions!"

"They have music in the movies." I complained.

"Yes, because it's added in. Now hush."

Suddenly I saw him coming out of the cafe.

"There he is, there he is." I hit her back.

"See, we almost missed him."

He disappeared from our view very fast.

"Well that was short." I sighed disappointedly. Guess we go home now.

"Come on, we missed out on the spying," Remi said and left the car.

"Remi wait!" She was so damn fast.

I ran after her and we ended up very close to the Devil's den.

"Is he going home?" Remi asked, hiding behind a car.

"No, around here is the Devil's den. I think he hangs out with the same crowd Ace does." My hands started getting sweaty.

We continued following him all the way to the devil's den but when we got there there was a large crowd outside. I lost sight of Elric.

"I think a fight is about to happen." Remi forced me to crouch down and hide.

Soon enough a fight broke out. Loud yelling, noise, punches..Bam bam ... A guy was on the ground and half of the high schoolers ran away pulling the guy away with him.

When the crowd cleared out I saw the guy who won the fight. It was Ace.

And his nose was all bloody. There was so much blood running down to his mouth.

My body shook with anger. I ran out from cover, Remi in panic following me and trying to stop me.

As I approached them I could see Ace in shock as he saw me. He covered his mouth immediately realizing how much blood there was.

"Is this why you don't want me to come here? So I don't see the crazy stuff you do here?" I asked him calmly, realizing we were doing this very publicly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, taking a step closer.

"Does it even matter? Why are you fighting? What's with all this blood?" I took his hand off and blood was pouring out.

Remi came behind me still scared of Ace's reaction.

"Oh come on!" One of the guys yelled. "Didn't you see how cool he was?" He threw punches in the air. "He knocked out the guy in a second."

Another one joined in. "Yeah. No one messes with Lucy's people."

I blinked twice. Lucy. This was the second time he got my brother in trouble! I was pissed.

Pushing Ace aside I walked inside the house. Is time for me and this Lucy guy to have a chat.

Lucy's p.o.v

Damn, it was so cold. I shoved my hand in my pocket holding the hot coffee with the other hand. I finally reached my house when I remembered I left my phone in my car.

Running to the back of my house I quickly reached for it in the car, grabbed it and through the garage, I entered my house. Suddenly a guy I barely knew came running to me in panic.

"There you are. A fight broke out. They were after you again."

"Again?" I shoved the coffee in his hands and made my way through the house.

Another guy blocked my path. "Lucy..You missed it. Ace totally finished the fight. With three punches he knocked him out and they ran away like rats."

I exhaled. Thankfully that was over.

Another guy came towards me. Okay what is it this time?

"Lucy we have a problem!"

"What now?" I crossed my arms. "Are they back again?"

"Ace's sister saw the fight. Ace has a bloody nose and she freaked. Said she wants to talk to you."

What the fuck? Are you kidding me? I don't have time for another family drama? Wait sister? I thought he had a brother.

"Where is she?" I asked figuring out dealing with this now was better than letting it escalating, involving parents later.

As I cut away through the kitchen to see this girl, I saw Francy pass by in a hurry.

Francy? Is she here to see me? No way..Is she here for her brother again?

And then it hit me. 

Oh no! You gotta be kidding me?

"Where is Lucy?" She yelled!

Ace is her brother?

A guy pointed at me. Instantly I stepped back and put on the hood of the jacket. Turning my back.

"You! Lucy! We need to talk!"

Why did she sound like a gangster?
I fast-paced out the kitchen towards the garage.

"Lucy!" She yelled after me.

I ran as fast as I could but she ran after me.

"Stop!"

Out the garage door, I hit the street, but she ran steadily after me.

I had to push a few people out of the way.

"SOMEBODY STOP THAT HACKER!" She yelled at the people walking on the street.

Fuck.fuck fuck.

I ran even faster and turned towards the little building streets hoping she won't catch up.

After a good ten minute run, I turned around and she was no longer there. I leaned on a wall of a building and crouched down trying to catch my breath.

Damn. She makes me want to go back to the gym.I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

Francy was Ace's sister. How fucked up was that!

Shit.Shit.Shit.

The first time I saw her, she was looking for Ace. The second time she was probably there when I called him for my broken computer. And now..

Damn it!

I was at Ace's house. This was so fucked up.

I need a painkiller for my head. I took a few good breaths. Ah this running killed me.

And that Francy! She is so quiet and cute and look at her run after me like she's a little gangster. I didn't know she had that side to her.

Oh man.

What am I going to do?