Chapter 29

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

I stood next to a large pumpkin patch. The Halloween decorations were starting to take over the town's square.

I was a bit early today so I had to wait for Elric to get here. At first, I was excited about this idea, getting here before him but now I'm just freezing.

"Hi." He whispered in my ear and I jumped forward.

"Elric." I turned around smiling.

Oh my sweet potatoes. He is just a snack every time I see him.

His hair was up this time and I could see his eyes and forehead. He looked like a different person.

"Francy?" He waved a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry you just look.." I said, still staring at him.

Self conscious he touched his hair. "Is it bad?"

Bad?

"It's hot." I said smiling and then realized what I said. "In a different way than it usually is. I mean not that it's not always hot. Usually it's sexy. You're sexy. The um...should we go?"

He smiled. "You think I'm sexy?"

Yes. Yes! Absolutely yes.

"This is a really large pumpkin." I pointed at a huge one. "It can fit Cinderella in it."

He decided to go along with my distraction. "It is huge. Do you think they will use it at the carving festival?" He leaned over me and I could smell his wonderful cologne.

"I hope."

"Let's go." He smiled and brushed past me.

We walked side to side and watched the scenery. There was something so magical about oranges and reds and yellows during this time of year and for the October Halloween festival, people were really putting in the effort to make it look beautiful.

 There was something so magical about oranges and reds and yellows during this time of year and for the October Halloween festival, people were really putting in the effort to make it look beautiful

Every year the October Festival was such a grand event that locals called it the white night festival. Everyone would stay up really late and enjoy the numerous Halloween meals like witches' fingers, pumpkin punch, zombie brain mac and cheese, ghoul soup and other meals that people volunteered to cook. There were millions of treats like cinnamon buns and apple bread and caramel apples and graveyard cookies.