Chapter 16

Dr. Collins shut the door behind him, leaving me with the four giants crowding the small room.

"So..." I said, looking up from my bare feet. "Did we have any homework?"

Daxon exhaled a breath. "You really scared the shit out of us, Maeve."

I gave a fake smile. "Well, I'm better as you can see. No need to worry."

Colt's hard gaze met mine. "You look like shit." The other guys looked at him with a glare.

My smile strained. "And they say romance is dead. Now if you'll excuse me," I said tightly as I picked up my clothes from the bedside table. I motioned for the guys to turn around, which they did...except for Colt.

I glowered at him, making Colt clench his jaw before slowly turning around. I pulled the thin hospital gown off as cold air kissed the exposed skin underneath. I pulled on my underwear before pulling the straps of my bra on.

My eyes landed on my exposed stomach, focusing on the faint scar as if it was my first time seeing it. My mind pulled and pushed at that memory, trying to unravel what lead up to it. I squeezed my eyes shut at the impact.

"Angel?" Colt's voice rang in my head, making me snap my eyes open. I blinked, noticing that I was still only partially dressed.

"Sorry," I muttered, quickly pulling on the rest of my clothes while the guys looked at me with mixed emotions.

I felt completely exposed, and not in a physical sense. I could feel their questioning stares, but I pointedly ignored them.

I could feel my wolf start to stir in this small enclosed room, or maybe it was from the fastly dissolving medication the doctors gave me.

"Maeve, where are you going?" Daxon called, making me stop in my tracks. I didn't even realize that I had walked out of the room.

"I need to shift," I said, feeling jumpier now that my wolf was pacing back and forth inside of me.

Daxon turned around, whispering to the rest of the guys. I zoned in to hear their conversation right before Daxon turned around and said, "Then we'll all go with you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why the hell would they willingly hang out with each other outside of class? It was no secret that Harley and Colt hated almost everyone at this school. They like you, dumbass, my inner thoughts said, making me bat the voice away...at what that entailed.

I straightened my back as I sighed, "Anywhere that's not in those damned woods."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guys followed me back to the dorm room to freshen up and change before we headed back outside towards the student parking lot.

I stopped at the edge of the grass, looking between each of the guys. "So, whose car are we taking?" I asked. There was no way that I was shifting here and finding my way to a location. I don't think any humans would be understanding enough to not call wildlife protection services on our bunch. A wolf, a lion, a snake, a phoenix, and a black-winged man. I snorted at the mental image of that.

I followed Colt's gaze to his own car which was definitely not designed to hold five people, so that was out of the question.

"My car can hold us. It might be a tight fit though," Caspian said, pointing towards his car. Now, I don't know anything about cars, but I am pretty sure some would consider this a mom car. I shrugged, walking towards it.