Chapter 17

I put the picture frame down, feeling as though I shouldn't be touching it. I shouldn't even be snooping in here anyway. I have no right.

I stood up, deciding not to ask questions as I knew it was Caspian's place to do so.

Daxon raised a brow. "What? You're not going to pester me for answers?"

I shook my head. "It's Caspian's story to tell." I stalked closer. "Besides, we got more important things to do," I said, reaching for the rolled-up joint in his hand.

"I agree with that," Daxon said, pulling the joint just out of my reach as he leaned in and locked lips with mine.

My hands immediately went around his neck as his lips ravaged mine. His hands ran over the curves of my waist and backside, leaving a fiery trail in its wake. I was about to say to hell with it and push him onto Caspian's bed before he broke away smirking.

"I could get used to that," he said smugly, lighting the end of the joint with his finger and stalking out.

I blinked, suddenly finding the action so similar to one of Colts that I wondered if I imagined the whole thing. Are they seriously picking up on each other's personality and habits already?

I huffed a laugh and made my way back into the open living room and kitchen. I stopped short, watching as a drunken Harley and Caspian laughed at each other's jokes.

A smile stretched across my face to see the always brooding angel-demon lighten up once in a while. Those warm brown eyes met mine as a schoolboy grin took over his face.

"Come here, baby," Harley said, extending his hand in my direction.

Caspian spits his drink out in a dramatic gesture as he looked at Harley with wide eyes. Daxon, biting his lip to hold in a grin. And me, I was standing, rapidly blinking my eyes as if they were the lens of a camera. What. The. Fuck.

Harley frowned like a sweet little puppy. I immediately went over to him as that boyish smile returned. This is weird. This is weird, right?

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Harley slurred as he pulled me closer with one of his wings.

My cheeks tinged an embarrassing shade of red at that statement.

"I think I'm gonna need a bit more to drink," I muttered, grabbing the glass out of Caspian's outstretched hand before taking the lit joint from Daxon's lips.

Harley stroked my hair, making my wolf purr in delight and making me inhale three times as much smoke.

"I don't think I've ever seen him drink before," Caspian commented as Harley grinned at the three of us.

"I can see why," Daxon mumbled, taking the joint back from me before inhaling.

"It takes away your senses. You never know what you're gonna say or do," Harley said before tipping back another glass.

An evil grin took over my face as I leaned into him. "What kind of magic can you do? I asked innocently.

He looked over at me, opening his mouth to respond before flicking my nose. "You're cute when you're trying to be sneaky."

I scowled as the other guys chuckled. The sound of the back door opening and closing brought my attention to Colt. His eyes were red from the joint he stole from Daxon as his own scowl took over his face at the sight of Harley's wing around me.

"You might want to step away from those feathers, angel. I hear he has fleas," Colt's deep voice said with some amusement behind those red and black eyes.