Chapter 5

My hands shot out, blasting a force of magic at her. I couldn't control it. I couldn't control myself. I was too far gone.

She shot out of the water as my magic carried me to the surface and deposited me on the ground. Mr. Marsh threw up a shield, blocking Josephine's body from hitting the crowd of students. She slammed against the shield, my magic holding her in place against it.

The wind whipped around me, blowing my hair in the breeze. Everyone's faces were in complete shock as they watched me make my way over to Josephine. I know what I looked like to them. My eyes were completely black, with a cold, psychotic smile stretching across my face.

"Okay, I surrender! Just put me down!" Josephine screamed aloud, her once beautifully monstrous face morphing back into a small and scared girl. 

My eyes immediately went back to their ocean blue color as I casually shrugged. I called back my magic as I let her fall to the hard ground below. Unfortunately, she used her water magic to cushion the fall. Bummer.

"Good job, Ms. Maxwell. Very good job!" Mr. Marsh said with a smile on his face.

I walked back to where the crowd was still staring at me in shock, some even in fear. Colt's mouth twitched into what I thought might be a smile. Harley looked thoroughly impressed, although he tried to hide it once he saw that I noticed. The teacher dismissed us while some people huffed over Josephine. 

I walked towards Daxon and Caspian, hoping they wouldn't think I was a freak now. What the fuck? Why should I care? But hell, I did.

Caspian and Daxon looked at me with serious faces, causing me to hold my breath.

"That was...fucking incredible!" Caspian said, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

Daxon smiled. "Now I get what you mean by you don't fit in with witches. They look like baby kittens next to you."

I laughed, blushing slightly at their praise. Oh. Hell. Fucking. No. Blushing?! I don't think so.

Their gazes briefly glanced down at my chest, which I realized was soaking wet from the water, displaying my peaked nipples.

I raised a cocky eyebrow at them and smirked. "Looking at something, boys?"

Their gazes snapped up to meet my eyes. Caspian gulped, cheeks reddening slightly, almost matching the color of Daxon's hair.

Daxon cleared his throat multiple times. "Meet up at dinner tonight?"

I smiled, nodding my head. "Yeah, my dorm. I think Olivia is going to be out anyways." I honestly didn't care if Harley showed up. Maybe he would actually join us.

Caspian nodded his head, his cheeks still as red as ever. I chuckled, brushing past them. "You're so adorable Cas."

I walked back towards the locker rooms, faintly hearing Caspian mumble to Daxon. "I'm not adorable."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brushed out my wavy silver locks, getting out all of the tangles Josephine caused when she tried drowning me. Me, Caspian, and Daxon had spent the night watching cheesy horror movies in our dorm until Olivia got back.

I hoisted myself up in the bed, pretending like I was doing my normal routine before going to sleep. I laid in the dark listening to the sound of Harley climbing in through the window. I kept my eyes shut, controlling my breathing in hopes he wouldn't notice that I was awake.

He stopped in the middle of the room, and I couldn't help but feel that he was watching me. Soon I heard him climb up to his bunk before laying down. I cursed him in my head to hurry the fuck up and fall asleep. I waited until I could hear the steady beat of his heart and breath, signaling that he was fast asleep.