Chapter 34

To say that I was freaking the fuck out is a bit of an understatement. I couldn't get the image of that bloody fucking eye out of my head. It wasn't there when I went in. Right? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I wanted to tell the guys about what I saw, but what would they do? We didn't know what we were dealing with. I honestly forgot about the cult if I'm being honest. My mind has been occupied by a lot lately. I mean, can you blame me?

I sighed, opening the door to my dorm room as I made myself calm down. We would talk about it in the morning. I wasn't going to let it ruin my night with the guys. I especially wouldn't let it ruin what just happened with Harley and me.

Fuck. I just had sex with Harley. I have officially fucked all four of them. Is it bad that I'm getting horny just thinking about them? I need to get my stupid hormones under control. Come to think of it...I don't think they'd mind.

I walked into the room, seeing Daxon passed out on his bed while Harley stares at me from his bunk. I smiled, going over to give him a kiss goodnight.

"The fucker was passed out with a boner when I let myself in. Not to mention, I had to physically carry Caspian out to his own room."

I smiled against his lips. "Aww, poor baby."

He chuckled quietly, gazing into my eyes. "You're the most important person in my life, Maeve."

My eyes threatened to water at his statement. "Shut up," I mumbled before leaning in and kissing him again.

I was standing on my tippy toes as he leaned down from his bunk. His wing caressed my back before retreating again. "Get some sleep, baby," he said before reluctantly pulling back.

I hid my smile as I turned around to go back to my own bunk. I watched as Harley rolled over, closing his eyes. I was about to shut my own when the thought of the bathroom mirror hit me again. Fuck, I should have just told him.

I looked back over at Harley who was already fast asleep. He looked too peaceful to disturb. My eyes snagged on Olivia's empty bunk. I furrowed my brows. I haven't seen her in a little while, barely even spoken actually. She usually spends time with her girl "friend" which I don't mind. I know how she feels with the whole mate thing herself, so I don't comment on the subject in front of her.

I tried to go to sleep...I really did, but that stupid fucking eyeball was stuck in my head, taunting me. I sighed quietly as I got out of bed. I debated on waking the guys up, but they looked too peaceful in their beds. I know, stupid mistake, but I was just going to the library.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? Oh, I don't know, be sacrificed to the mysterious cult, my common sense replied unhelpfully. I ignored it though. The only people who were being hurt were willingly sacrificing themselves, right? Well, maybe except Josephine, but who really knows? So I didn't have anything to worry about.

I crept out of the dorm room, shutting the door softly behind me, and began descending the stairs. It wouldn't be too hard to sneak in the library's back entrance by myself. The guys just usually gave me a boost because I'm "short" according to them. I scoff, If I heard them call me "short" or "shortie" one more time...

I let out a soft sigh as I realized the window was still unlocked after the last time we were here. I look over my shoulder as if I wasn't about to break and enter, and hauled myself up. I grunted as I landed on the floor, kicking dust up in the process.

I listened quietly to see if anyone was still in the library as I began walking to the restricted section. I didn't know exactly which book to look for. But at least now I knew what I needed to find specifically at least. I glanced at the hundreds of books in this section. Yup, shouldn't be too hard.