chapter twenty four

I don't know who I think I am going to this party knowing very well that I got an 8am lecture tomorrow morning but I wasn't about to stay home while every single person in my friend group was going except myself. For once this time the person hosting is not Trevor, which is a surprise but refreshing at the same time.

All the girls are in my room getting ready as if they don't have their own but honestly, I've gotten used to it, plus I enjoy their company while I'm getting ready plus I can use them to pick out what I'm gonna wear. I don't have terrible fashion sense; I just like having a second opinion. Cassie is straightening her hair by my dresser, Amaal is doing her make-up seated on the floor by my full body mirror and Sash is doing her toes, painting them white.

I come out in my first outfit choice, a white dress that has ruching on the sides, long flare sleeves and clear heels, I come out from the bathroom, and I stand silently as the girls turn their heads to look at me, I spin around, and they all shake their heads, I sigh and go back into the bathroom to change.

This time I reappear wearing orange pants with a laces detail on the front and an oversized Tupac shirt and the same clear heels. I step out in front of them, and they give me a once over and Amaal nods, Cassie whistles and Sasha gives me a thumbs up, "just bring the back of shirt over your ass then you are good." I roll my eyes at that but do as she says.

I chase Cassie from the dresser, and she gives me the stank eyes and resorts to standing as she straightens the last part of her hair, I get started on my makeup and Sasha clears her throat, "so you and Devontae huh?"

"What about me and Devontae?" I fake indifference because I know exactly where this is heading. Sasha rolls her eyes at me and frowns when she realises, she messed up a toenail and repaints it. "Girl, I can't believe I had to hear it from your cousin about how he was looking at you throughout the entire ceremony.

"Not to mention how he's been looking at her since they came back, " Amaal interjects, I narrow my eyes at her through the mirror and she simply shrugs. "Yeah, I said what I said, look the sexual tension has always been there but I feel like it's gotten tense..."

Cassie snorts in response before turning the straightener off and leaving it on my dresser for it to cool off and lighter brushes through hear now bone straight hair, I gotta admit the extensions are a nice look on her.

"Kiki, you know very well you can't keep secrets from us, more especially me because well, you know it's me but c'mon." I can't see her as I coat my lashes in mascara and put glue on the false ones. I don't often wear lashes but I'm just in the mood for them tonight.

"I'll buy you ice cream." Sasha adds on, her sing song tone clear as she tries to bribe me with the one thing I cannot say no to, "I'll get you Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough." She probes me and I can't help the words that tumble from my lips as I lose my resolve, "We had slept together twice during the wedding."