chapter thirty nine

This was a bad fucking idea

This was a bad fucking idea. '

"I don't like the circus." I blurt out loud and Kiana's furrows her brows at me in confusion, "what?"

"I don't like the circus." I repeat, but she still looks at me confused, "I don't understand. If you hate the circus, why did you bring us here? If it makes you uncomfortable, we could've just eaten in."

I bagged the most amazing girl ever. Just then, my 13th reason passes by the both of us, a man in a clown costume, my grip on Kiana's hand tightens as I move further away him while she gazes at me, amused at this shit. "So, I'm guessing you don't like clowns."

"Them shits are creepy. I don't know what parent decided that they are child friendly, and have you watched It? I did not trust drains for a very long time." She bites back a smile at my case and asks, "are you sure you don't want us to leave?"

"To answer your question, no I haven't watched it because horror movies make me paranoid and even more anxious and two, can I have my hand back please?" She says glancing at her palm, which I'm sure I crushed some bones by the way I gripped it.

"Nah, I think I'm gonna hold onto it for a while." I respond, his grip tightening on her arm. "Tae, I'm serious we can go if this is too much for you." She says, searching my eyes.

"Nah, I'm gonna do this. None of us have been to the circus before and we travelled all this way together so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts"

"Simp."

We join the crowd of people waiting to get into the circus tent, tickets in hand and snacks read. We show the ticket man our tickets and they let us in, we find seats and begin snacking on the popcorn. As many other people begin filling up the seats in the tent, Kiana is taking pictures. When it's filled with people in the tent. The lights dim around us, and the spotlight focuses on the acrobats and clowns at the centre. I may have squeezed her hand again but if they were far away from me, I was good.

This shit looked like it was straight out of a movie set. With the firebreathers and lion tamers and the acrobats way up in the air. The entire show was mesmerizing, when I looked over to my life to see the look of awe on my girl's face, I knew I did good, and I would do it all again just to see that look on her face again.

...

I bought Kiki a cheese filled pretzel which she's literally destroying as we walk aimlessly around, taking in the sights. She doesn't bother looking cute or nothing when she eats and I appreciate the hell out of it and never would I have I thought a girl could be more sexy when she's devouring something that isn't my dick.

We're pulled to a halt when Kiana sees a sign reading Tarot readings, she gives me her biggest puppy eyes, pleading with me. I look down at the sign then back down to her and sigh. "Aight, let's go." She squeals in excitement and tugs me into the tent. The tent is dark except for the light emanating from the crystal ball that's sitting on the table with tarot cards spread across the surface. Another table is in the corner that has candles that are lit.