chapter fifty seven

I stroll back into the court, getting my seat next to Sasha when they finally notice me, they squeal excitedly, "you came!"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I grin widely.

"So did you get your man back?" Amaal asks, leaning forward in her seat to look at me. I twist my mouth to lessen my smile but it's useless, "yes."

"FUCKING FINALLY!" Cassie says, taking a sip of her drink. Sasha claps in a slow applause, "about fucking time, I was beginning to feel a bit bad for him."

"I hope you gave him a kiss for good luck." Cassie smiles like a Cheshire cat, I can't help the giggle that escapes him, "probably a bit more." Sasha chokes on her champagne, "Thank God for our rooms being on different floors because you bout to get slutted out tonight."

'Welcome back our teams, University of Southern California Trojans who are in the lead with ninety seven points and their opponents, University of Los Angeles'

We begin clapping and screaming as the guys come back onto the court, Devontae's eyes search for me in the crowd and when they land on me, he gives a wink and I blow him a kiss. "Ooh, girl. You bout to get it tonight." Sasha mutters so only I can hear as she waves excitedly at her boyfriend.

The next fifteen minutes is gruelling, UCLA is putting up a fight and USC is not backing down either, they are neck a neck and everybody is on the edge of their seat in anticipation. Devontae dribbles the ball across the court, nearing the free throw line when Dom blocks him, and what happens next is very quick, Devontae throws a fist at Dom and Dom retaliates by punching him back. He gets a few punches in but Devontae has the upper hand.

The ref blows the whistle furiously, but they continue throwing punches at each other until their teammates separate them from each other, Devontae gets away with a busted lip, a bloody nose, and a gash under his eye. Dom looks the worst of them with a bloody nose, swollen eye, and blood from his mouth.

The ref blows the whistle, calling for a time out and I leap from my seat. I follow the Trojans in the locker rooms as the first aid man attends to Devontae's wounds. He holds a pack of ice to his face as they clean his lip. "Devontae! What the hell happened?" This man has the audacity to smile at me, "he had a mouth."

"I'm not sure I follow."

His face becomes serious as he shoos the medic away, "he told me that that I'm way more of a bitch than he thought if I can't keep you around and that he would love to have his way with you just so he can rub it all in my face once more. He said some other shit too, but I'd rather not repeat it."

I grimace, I woulda punched him too, he had it coming but honestly, he isn't worth it. "You know he ain't shit right?" He waves me off, "agh, whatever he fucking deserved it. Come here, girl." I close the distance between us until I'm in between his legs which he spreads them wider, he places the ice pack down and runs his hands up the back of my thighs, gripping my ass, "can't wait to have my way with you later."