chapter ten

We're down by three points and there's only two minutes on the clock. Stanford is a hard team to beat but we always manage to find a way to be undefeated every time. Although I do admit that they put up a good match.

Roman swiftly dribbles the ball down the court, the sound of sneakers squeaking across the newly polished floors. All I can hear is the cheers of the crowd and the sound of my heart drumming in my ears as we try to catch up to the scoreboard. Roman makes a break for it when their defence is not paying attention and makes a dunk into the basket.

Two more left. Stanford's small forward has the ball, makes his way down the court, and passes it to their shooting guard. Before he can make it to their side of the court, Travis makes a steal for the ball and begins jogging down the court towards me. He passes it to me, and I make a shot from the three point land, and I can see the count down on the clock. With ten seconds left, I aim for the basket, and it swooshes in effortlessly and we make a win just seconds before the clock runs out.

Our side of the court erupts into applause, cheers, and screams. For our first game we did well even though there was a slim gap between us. All I wanna do now is shower. After our team gathers for celebrations, we grab our stuff and head to the locker rooms.

We enter the change rooms. I at once head to shower, scrubbing off the sweat off my body and relaxing my sore muscles. I'm gonna need to take an ice bath.

When I finally get out, I hear music blasting through the speakers and a bunch of the guys fooling around and dancing. Travis comes from behind me, patting me on the back. "Your girlfriend got the dudes talking, bro."

"My girlfriend?" I ask, with a brow arched at him. Travis gives me a look that says, 'are you serious', "you telling me you ain't heard shit?" My brows raise in curiosity, "I really gotta see her now."

"Be my guest, man.''

"Aight, ladies I'll meet you outside." I say, pulling on a hoodie. I exit the change rooms and turn the corner to the back of the court where people are hanging around after the game. I crane my neck among the mass of people as I look for someone.

When the crowd finally parts, I see her talking to her friends. In an outfit corresponding to the school's colours in a red skirt with gold on the hem and a red top written USC on the front. Her hair is in a sleek back ponytail and on her feet, she has on white socks and white converses.

She looks amazing. She even went the extra mile and got face paint on the top of her cheeks. I walk up to the group, casually putting my arm over her shoulder. The girls' wave at me in greeting and Kiana looks up at me with a smile.

"So, what are you girls' talking about?"

"Our outfits for the party because as usual Kiana never knows what to wear." Sasha looks pointedly at her friend next to me. "Says the person who changes their outfit choice thirty times." Kiana mumbles under her breath that the others don't manage to hear but I do. I laugh silently as I see the guys coming out from the change rooms and join the rest of us.