chapter seventeen

I'm so pissed that I don't use the elevator and jog down the stairs run with only one intention, to confront the girl who made my girl feel like she's not enough, let alone for me. She's everything I could've imagined and way more. Her weight doesn't even bother me at all, I didn't even see her weight since we started college, I saw her but there's always going to be those fucking idiots who'd make her inferior. I don't fucking know who came up with the idea that thick or plus sized women aren't deserving of love but whoever did can suck my –

"Hey, Devontae." The green-eyed woman who I assume is Draya purrs in her the worst attempt of being flirtatious. She does nothing for me, sure she makes look like a model, with long legs and flawless skin as well as her cat like greenish eyes. But they cannot compare to how soft my Kiana feels, her hazel eyes that I could drown in, her beautiful radiant smile, her curls that fall into her eyes and those thick thighs that cage me in when I'm pleasuring her with my tongue. Fuck, now I've got boner.

I think Deja notices the strain against my trousers because, her eyes drop down to my crotch and her crimson stained lips stretch into what she believes is a sultry smile. "Came back for more?"

I look at her confused, "More of what?" She steps closer to me, running her slim fingers down my chest and reaching lower, "of me." She answers confidently and I want to gag. I slap her hand away from me and she looks completely puzzled by my actions, "I don't want to waste anymore of your time, why would you say something so vile about Kiana?" She blinks at me like she doesn't know what I'm talking about until her eyes flash with recognition.

"Oh, the fat girl? Please, don't tell me that you came here to try and convince me she's what you want, and not me."

What the- "Not that it's any of your business, but yes she is." Her left eye twitches at my answer and that gives away how psychotic she really is, "you can't be serious."

I place my hand on my chest, "on my mama." A flash of frustration is evident in her eyes and the way her forehead wrinkles as her brows scrunch together, "but can't possibly want to be with someone – "

"Someone like her?" I finish off for her, "and makes you think I want to be with someone like you?" She brightens up at my question thinking she's changed my mind, "for staters we look great together and I am the one could fit the status quo." What the actual fuck? "What status quo?" She places her hands on both my shoulders and says, "of being a baller's girlfriend."

Yeah, I've entertained her way longer than I should have, "Okay, listen Deva..." I remove her hands off me, purposing saying her name wrong, "Kiana is more of a woman that you'll ever be because she would never take her beauty and use to seek the absence of it in others, and you must be high out of your mind to think just cos you got green eyes and a slim figure, makes you every man's dream. I believe it's called a personality; you should get one."

I turn away from her, leaving her extremely pissed in the dining hall. Phew, never again.

Now to comfort my girl in our room.

I take the elevator this time, jogging down to our suite at the end of the hall. I open the door, to find her changed out of her dining clothes and into her pjs with ice cream cones on them and her bonnet on her head and an ice cream sandwich in hand. In her lap is her MacBook which I wonder she's watching because her eyes are solely focused on what's on the screen. I laugh under my breath at how childlike she looks, and I think my laugh caught her attention, because she turns her attention to me now, "what?"

"Nothing, nothing." I say, stripping from the suit, leaving on just my boxers, and crossing the bedroom floor. I climb under covers and lay my head down on the pillow and Kiana's attention is on the laptop still. "What are you watching?"

"Hmm?" She answers absentmindedly, her eyes not even focusing on me once. "Oh, uh – a crime series, dramatized or not this thing has me hooked. I don't know if it's your cup of tea though."

"Not really." I shrug. She rolls her eyes, "unluckily for you I wasn't gonna change it anyway." Of course. Glad to see my fiery girl is back. She turns the laptop to face us, even after saying it's not my favourite. It isn't until Dr Isles does on a date with a guy that she saved on her autopsy table that I become fully invested.

"I don't trust this guy." I say as Dr Isles is getting wined and dined by ol' dude in his apartment. "Neither do I." Kiana answers in agreement. I take this time to notice the gap between us on the bed is non-existent but Kiana notices none of this because of the show.

"You good?" Her eyes dart to me then to the screen, "yeah, why wouldn't I be?" At the hint of confusion laced in her voice, I decide to drop the topic as long as that girl knows to not open her mouth to say any foul shit against the beautiful woman next to me and she's got a smile on her face simply because she's watching a crime drama that interests her, I'm all good.

"Want me to order some room service?" She nods excitedly, and I reach over to the nightstand on my side, I pick up the phone, "hello, room service?"

"Yes, sir?"

"What the best thing you can recommend?" The guy on the other line stutters like he's never heard anyone ask this before, "any special occasion, sir?" I take a momentary glance to Kiana, who's paying me no mind, "so long as the dessert consists of ice cream."

....

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐩, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝. 👀

 👀