chapter nineteen

Fairy lights hang from the ceiling of the hall, the Tiffany chairs are lined up against one another with guests already seated and chattering quietly among one another

Fairy lights hang from the ceiling of the hall, the Tiffany chairs are lined up against one another with guests already seated and chattering quietly among one another. At the entrance has an archway made of white roses and down the middle is a white carpet leading to the alter.

First goes Aqua, my new little best friend who made sure to wave at me while she walked down the aisle. She adorable in a white tutu dress and matching shoes. Her hair has been tied into a ponytail with a bow in front.

As she scatters the petals on the flower everyone watches in awe at the cute little girl as she goes down the aisle. Next is the ring bearer another one of Kiana's countless baby nieces and nephews; he's equally as adorable as Aqua, in his little tux as he trudges down the aisle.

Everyone's attention is then turned to the bridesmaids and groomsmen now as they walk down the aisle, hand in hand. However, my focus is on the maid of honour who laughs at something the groomsmen whispers in her ear, and I can't help but feel envious that I wasn't the one to walk her down the aisle.

When the bridal party waits at the front the aisle for the bride, I see Kiana's eyes search the crowd and when they land on me, I don't bother hiding that I was already looking at her. She instead sneaks a wink at me, and I'm shook. She notices this and brings up the bouquet of white roses up to her face to cover up her smile. When everyone is in place the music changes and all the guests stand up. The huge mahogany doors are opened, and it reveals India with her dad on her arm. I glance to the front to see Kiana struggling to hold back tears whereas the groom is full on crying.

As India walks down the aisle, her eyes don't leave Jason's as she has a big smile on her face. When they finally get to the alter, Jason steps up to his bride and her father as he hands her over to him.

I don't miss the hard - but subtle – slap India's dad gives to Jason on his back as a way of warning him. Jason takes India's hand in his and turns to face each other and that's when the music dies down. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to witness the union of this man and this woman in holy matrimony." The wedding officiant says.

"Before we commence is there anyone here who believes these two should not be wed? They should speak now or forever hold their peace."

Everyone looks around to see if anyone objects when nobody does the priest continues, "Great, well if someone did object that would've been a waste of time."

Everyone laughs at his joke before settling down for the vows. India reaches into her dress and pulls out a paper from it which makes everyone chuckle as she blushes while smiling at Jason.

"Jason, from the day I met you I thought you were an annoying man who didn't hesitate to get on my nerves, you still do but anyway. . ." and Jason makes a face at her which makes everyone cackle. "Even though I thought you were annoying as hell, I secretly enjoyed you doing that. Your persistence and urge to not give up were really what drew me towards you. After everything we've been through, I'm glad you stuck with me and loved me for who I am and still love me even now. I'm so lucky to have you in my life not only as a partner but as a friend, lover, and now husband." India trails off as she starts tearing up.