-66-

CHAPTER 66 | TRUE GODDESS

Pyro's P.O.V.

The night sky was clear of any clouds and stars, and only birds could be spotted soaring. Other than the birds that flew so high above me, there was no other sign of life.

I couldn't help but feel a cold chill run down my spine as time got closer for the Supreme Moon to break the veil. Something felt off. The area didn't feel the same as when I was hiding out here. I came to a stop and stood there silently, listening to the howls of the wind.

Moments later, a ghostly fog began to pour onto the water from the other side of the pond, slowly making its way across towards me. I look down at my reflection on the water, a woman smiles back at me.

"So, you finally see it my way," Lupa Pawa had a blank expression, "only moments away, and he is nowhere in sight."

"Whatever," moving to the edge of the pond, "can we just get this over with?"

"As you wish. The Supreme Moon will be breaking through the veil soon," she informed me with a smile, looking up the earth's moon. Her smile sent a cold dark chill down my spine, "I will need you to allow me to take over your body."

'Don't trust her!'

The whisper was faint yet clear as day. I turned around to see if there was anyone around, but no one was there. Part of me felt like I could trust whoever spoke to me. Then there is a part of me that fears knowing where the voice came from.

Suddenly, there was this powerful pull over me, attracting my body on a cosmic level. My eyes fell onto a moon, slowly appearing in the night sky. I immediately knew it was the Supreme Moon, and it was at least three times larger than the earth's moon.

I wonder if anyone else was seeing this besides the two of us.

"It is massive," I whispered, feeling a deep connection with the moon that I couldn't explain in any words or emotion. I felt like I have seen this moon before.

"Hurry, you must allow me to gain control over your body," she urged, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Don't trust her!"

Why?" I curiously asked while trying to find the person the voice belongs to, "why can't I trust her?"

"She is not one of our kind!"

I look at Lupa Pawa, who continues to stare up at the moon.

"Not one of our kind?" I knew she had heard what I said when her cold eyes landed on me. She tried to grab hold of me, but at the last second, I jumped out of reach, "who are you?"

"I'm Lupa Pawa," she answered, stepping on to land, "you know that already."

"No, something is up," I made sure that there was a fair amount of distance between us, "why is she telling me you are not one of us?"

"Who is?"

"I don't know," I continue to slowly back away from her, "but she warned me that you are not one of us."

"So, she was reborn," she whispered as she stared at me as if to confirm something.

"What?"

"I knew something was off about you," she tilts her head to the side as she studies me, "I guess putting your wolf side on lockdown awoken her from her slumber."

"What are you talking about?"

"It doesn't matter," she shrugged, and in one quick motion, she closes the space between us, grabbing a hold of my throat, her nails digging into my skin, "you be dead before she can fully awaken. It is a shame I can't absorb your essence. but your body is all I need."'

In the corner of my watery eyes, I could get a glimpse of three wolves made of shadows that appeared around us, howling.

"Please, let go of me," my vision began to blur in and out as she lifted me off the ground, her grip tightening around my neck. I tried to focus on summoning my protectors, but my mind was running wild at the thought of dying without saying goodbye to my family, "Please!!"

"She won't let you live now."

"Who are you?" I cried out, trying to pull away from Lupa Pawa.

"I am known as Verum Goddess."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh