-3-

Chapter Three | Uninvited Guest

Pyro's P.O.V.

The loud sound of crashing glass filled the silence, waking me up from my sleep. I slowly got out of the tub as I continue to hear glass falling.

"What was that?" I whispered to myself as I put on my robe and made my way into the hallway.

Once I reached the edge of the stairs, I peered down into the foyer, making sure to stay out of sight. But everything seems in order. The noise didn't come from the entrance. I continue to listen for any sound, but nothing.

There was something weird that lingered in the air that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Something is off.

I realized that my phone was in the kitchen and my current state wouldn't be able to fight off an intruder or run.

Everything seems together as I made my way through the foyer. Heading to the living room, I began to smell a foul odor that got stronger once I entered the room. Broken glass from the window covered the floor. What the hell happened here??

RUN!

I ran to the kitchen for the phone to call my dad. My senses were giving off signals to run, to get out of the house fast.

Once in the kitchen, my body begins to feel heavy like lead. I could tell my wolf was starting to wake. Waves of heat wash over my body, getting hotter with each passing second. My inner beast's howls gradually got louder as she becomes conscious. I tried to block her out while I called my father. 

The phone rang.

And rang.

What seems like an eternity, he picked up. From the background noises, I knew he was driving.

"Hey, how are you? I'll be home in a few," he chirped.

"Dad something broke-"

Before I could finish my sentence, something grabs my neck and throw me against the wall. Hitting the wall with such force, completely woken my inner beast, putting her into a howling rage.

I look at the shoes that made their way over to me. My eyes met the eyes of the guy that I waved to earlier. He was bigger than before. From his scent, I knew what he was.

A rogue.

"My, what do we have here?" he said, amusement and curiosity laced in his voice.

He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes as if to enjoy the scent that lingers in the air. The only smell that could have him here was mine. He ran his hand over his muscular chest down to the top of his pants as he continues to inhale.

"Looks like someone is in heat," he pointed out as a smile spread across his face.

"Get out of my house!?" I shouted, trying not to sound weak or scared.