-29-

CHAPTER 29 | TASHA'S AWAKENING

Ylva's P.O.V.

It took thirty minutes for our parents to convince Pyro that everything went well with the ritual, which I thought he handle well. He just sat there, nodding in understanding without staying a word.

I thought it would be smooth sailing, but once they told him he was turning to the next Lupa Pawa and the event that happened just hours ago. He went from nods of understanding to screaming about everyone keeping secrets from him.

It nearly took two hours to get Pyro out of his room and have dinner. After all the yelling, he didn't say much to any of us. He sat in the dining room as we prepared for dinner. Only nodding or shrugging his shoulders in reply to a question if it was directed to him.

Before long, the sound of the front door could be heard swinging open. Everyone besides Pyro got up to see who it was when we heard something crashed.

Wobbling into the house with a half-broken bottle was Tasha.

"She's drunk," Tony already irritated, "she has to be the center of attention, now?"

"Oh, just shut up," Tasha mumbles as she closes the door, "your voice is annoying, always complaining about something."

"Where have you been?" my mother asked worriedly.

"Drinking," Tasha held up the broken bottle and looked at it "well, I was drinking."

"Go to your room," my father points to the top of the stairs, "let us talk when you had some rest and is sober."

"NO," Tasha whispered as she straightens herself up.

"What?"

"I said no," she said moving away from the door. "I'm done listening to you. All of you."

I exchanged looks with my brothers, who were just as shock as I am. There wasn't a single trace of rage in our father's eyes because it was in our mother's.

"Tasha, please go to your room," my mother repeated, "you are not thinking clearly."

"And I said," Tasha slowly made her way to the center of the foyer, "NO!"

The simple two-letter word turned into a howl full of rage. As Tasha howled, a gust of winds blew us back into the wall. The only person that didn't seem to be affected by the wind was our mother. She stood there in disbelief.

Tasha dropped to the floor, looking up at us with rage-filled eyes. She didn't show any signs of being worried about what she had done.

"It can't be," I heard the whisper of my mother, her voice laced with disbelief, "She is a Howler?"

"A howler?" I repeated, looking from my mother to Tasha, "what is a howler?"

We all watch, completely dumbfounded as my mother slowly moves closer to Tasha watch her take a step closer to Tasha. It was clear my mother knew what was going on with Tasha.

"Tasha..."

"Leave me alone," Tasha howled, creating another series of winds, pushing my mother back, "I don't want to hear what any of you have to say."

The look that Tasha held in her eyes and the devilish smile that slowly formed at her lips, part of me believed that we were witnessing her real side.

"What's going on-"

"You!" Tasha barks as she points to Pyro, "damn you!"

"Tasha?" before Pyro could process anything, Tony and Tristan moved in front of him, "what is going on, now?"

"Tasha, you need to calm down," my mother shouted at Tasha, "this was how your mother lost herself."

"I will get what is rightfully belongs to me," Tasha slowly open the front door before glancing over her shoulder at us, "I'm done with you all."

As soon as Tasha closes the front door behind her, the wind stops.

That was the last time we saw Tasha. The one thing we all was sure about, she was out to get Pyro. From the look in her eyes, she would do whatever it took to get him.

I hope you enjoyed this small chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh