-35-

CHAPTER 35 | A CHANGE WITHIN HIM
Jessie's P.O.V.

Gus and I have been in town all morning waiting for my family's party to start. It was something my family does every year for the pack members.

I usually wouldn't attend these types of events, but I had a reason to go this year.

This year Ylva will hopefully be attending, I made sure my parents sent her family an invitation. I'm hoping that I can get some alone time with her at this party. So far, my charm doesn't seem to work on her.

On the other hand, my wolf didn't take much interest in her, which didn't make sense. I knew that my wolf should have some interest in claiming her. From what I read about white wolves, no male wolf could resist claiming her as their own. But, these stories that I have read about the white wolves have been passed down from generation after generation. I am sure that some facts about them are false, while some facts are lost in the past.

"Jesse, there goes your girl," said Gus pointing across the street. "Who's that with her?"

"Don't know," I whispered.

I couldn't help the feeling that I have seen him before, but I couldn't get a decent look at his face from where I stood. Even with the distance between us, this guy's presence was off.  The longer I stare at this guy, the more restless my wolf becomes. There was a feeling that my wolf couldn't express or put into a way for me to understand.

'Who is that guy, and why do I feel this way?'

Gus started across the street. I soon follow after rearranging my growing bulge so it wouldn't show as much. I wonder why I'm getting turned on by this guy. Gus didn't seem to be bothered by it. I was freaking out inside because my wolf felt something to him.

"Hi, Jesse," she waved once she noticed us, "how are you two doing?"

In the corner of my eye, I saw the guy with her just rolling his eyes and turning his attention to the display window. I had a feeling that I saw him before somewhere, mainly the way he stared.

"Hey, are you coming to my family festival," I ask, trying not to seem too interested, "and your family."

She nodded and looked over to the guy.

'Damn, is she going with him?'

"Pyro and I are-"

"Wait," cutting her off. Looking over at the guy next to her. "Your Pyro?"

"I'll wait for you inside," He rolled his eyes in annoyance, without answering my question, "take your time."

I watched him as he went inside. There is something different about Pyro's presence beside his appearance. He had this ethereal aura, something he didn't have when I first met him. I felt like his change happened within him.

"Yeah, that Pyro," said Ylva. She seems delighted with his new transformation, "He decided to go for a new look."

"It does fit him," I turn to Gus in shock, "He's sexy, I don't have any problem with saying a guy is sexy!"

"I don't either," I told him.

"Jessie, you think Pyro sexy?"

I turned back to Ylva; she was grinning with a raised eyebrow. Why did I have to say that in front of her? Both Ylva and Gus stared at me, waiting for me to answer.

"I didn't mean."

"What did you mean then," asked Gus, who was supposed to be on my side.

"I mean, his new looks suit him," I try to point out as I try to stay calm, "his whole presence is different from when I first saw him."

"I see, you can feel it too," she whispers before giggling as she opens the store door, "I see you as the festival."

Once she was in the store, I hit Gus in the arm.

"What the hell," Gus shouted as he rubs his arm.

"You know what," walking back across the street. I can hear Gus laughing as he walks next to me, "It's not funny."

"Which part?" he quickly pointed to the most noticeable change, "The bulge in your pants or you saying her brother is sexy?

"You got a boner too," I went on to say, gesturing to his bulge, "how is that even possible?"

"Yea, it's weird," he said as we made our way back to my car, "That's the fastest I ever got hard."

"It's weird how my wolf doesn't have any feelings towards Ylva," I went on to tell him, "Then you have Pyro since I first met him, there was something off about him. Now, my wolf wants to jump his bones."

"Maybe he's the one with the white wolf," Gus joked as we got into the car.

"Only females of the Superior Pack can have a white wolf," I stated in fact, "I will say it was weird how he was able to get us hard just by staring at him. Also, it's weird how he doesn't go to our school anymore."

"How do you know?"

"He was in one of my classes," I look over at Gus, "the teacher said he had transferred to another school on the outskirts of the pack's territory."

As I drove to my house, I was left with more questions about Ylva. Now, I was questioning Pyro and his new appearance. Part of me felt their whole family was hiding something.

 Part of me felt their whole family was hiding something

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh