-21-

CHAPTER TWENTY | GODDESS AND HER BLESSING

Ylva's P.O.V.

Everyone was home, yet it felt as if no one was there. I never thought our house could hold such silence. But after what happen with Pyro and that ritual, we all were at a lost for words.

My mother sat alone at the breakfast table, staring helplessly out the bay view window as if waiting for a sign from the heavens above. I guess she was trying to process what happened.

I thought everything was going right until the Goddess descended. That is when I saw pure fear in my mother's eyes. I don't know much about the Goddess besides what I'm piecing together myself.

Though I, along with everyone else, only saw her silhouette, and her true form stayed hidden with the tornado. Her presence _ me to my core, and my inner beast disappeared within the farthest reaches of my mind and soul.

The words of that Goddess still sung clearly in my head. Her Divine Blessing was bestowed upon Pyro.

"What is the Divine Blessing," I whispered to myself as my mind raced to find an answer.

The sound of my father's footsteps pulled me out of my thoughts. He usually had a calm expression, but now his appearance was cold and void of emotions.

"Dad is Pyro up?" I quickly stood up, but I was only answered with his silence as he walks into the kitchen, "Dad, "what's going on?"

I could feel something was wrong when my two brothers followed him.

"Now, you tell me what the hell happened to him," he demanded as he made his way over to my mother "what did she do to Pyro?"

She took a moment and looked at each of us as her eyes begin to water up.

"I'm so sorry," her voice was above a whisper as look down at the table, "I told him everything would be okay. I ensured him he would be fine,  but I should have known better."

"Known what?" I asked as I went to stand next to my father.

"Pyro received the Divine Blessing," as she talks, she continued to stare at the table,  "something that the shewolves with the Supreme Pack wish to have bestowed. That is until the Supreme Pack was destroyed."

"Is it that bad?" Tristan curiously asked.

"Believe it or not," my mother slowly stood up from her chair, "Pyro and his inner beast are one of Goddess Lupa's heirs."

I thought nothing could top all the issues that Pyro is already facing, but this sure did top all of them.

"The ritual that Pyro performed has two different outcomes, two different blessings," we all watch her moved next to the window, "I thought the blessing he would receive would be the one that would help him have control of his abilities. But when Lupa descended, part of me knew that he might be blessed with the second blessing, the Divine Blessing. "

"What is the Divine Blessing, and what is he the heir of?" my father asked as he took a step closer to my mother.

"It is when the current Goddess chooses an heir to take her place and become the next Goddess Lupa Pawa," she turns to face us, "Pyro' inner beast may be in the running to become the next Goddess Lupa Pawa."

"How's that possible?" said my father.

"I don't know. The Supreme Pack has been gone for over a hundred years, along with its teachings. All that I know have been pass down to me by my mother and her mother before her."

I knew all of us were thinking of the same thing, and it was about Pyro.

"I only know of two Blessings that were bestowed upon white wolves before Pyro. The first one killed herself to get away from the life she didn't want. The Second one ran, haven't been heard or seen once she has fled. The only difference between them and Pyro is that he receives the Divine Blessing."

"So, you didn't think this was important to tell me before he did that damn ritual?" my father said, grabbing his forehead, trying to stay focus.

"For his safety, this is his last day going to this school," said my mother. No one disagreed with her, not even our father "He will be going to a school a few miles from here."

'Now hold up a minute. Pyro is not going to no human school!!"

"He did once before. Plus, they're fewer werewolves in a human school," my mother stated, heading out of the kitchen, "it's on the edge of the pack's territory, so no rogues."

"Ylva...Ylva?" that pulled me out of my thoughts and back into math class. "Ylva, are you okay?" asked my teacher, moving back to the blackboard.

"Umm..yes."

"Good now," pointing to the math problem on the broad, "Can you answer this for me?" I nodded and looked over the math problem. Thankfully, I was good at math and had the answer in seconds. "Ten."

The teacher nod in approval and I sat back down in my seat. My mind went back to what my mother said about the other two white wolves that received blessings. I hoped that Pyro wouldn't choose to follow in their footsteps.

"Stay strong, Pyro," I whispered to myself as I tried to focus on taking notes.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh