-68-

CHAPTER 68 | GOODBYE

Ylva's P.O.V.

It was over.

Everything I hold dear was now out of grasp. If Verum Goddess is not strong enough to kill Lupa Pawa, we are all dead in a matter of moment. I failed as an older sister to protect him. He never asked for any of this.

Why wasn't I strong enough when it counts?

"I don't need my full strength to deal with your punishment," she explained, raising her hand about her head. A white light veils over her, emitting the energy of the Supreme Moon, "I sentence you to be bound by flesh and blood of this world since you want o be mortal."

"Finally," Lupa Pawa look at her hands, "I am mortal, there is no need to take possession of that weak body anymore."

The Verum Goddess was bathed in golden light by the Supreme Moon before vanishing.

Suddenly, Pyro inhales deeply, gasping for air. He stared at the night sky for a few moments before turning to me with a faint smile.

"It's okay," tears began to run down his face, "I love you, Ylva."

"NO, don't say that," I force out, trying to hold back my tears, "don't you dare say that to me!"

He turns to Jesse, and that was when I saw the last bit of his life, leaving his body.

"Goodbye, Jesse."

Pyro's body went limp as he closed his eyes.

"Jesse, get to-" I paused when I saw Jesse's eyes, darker red than any alpha eyes I have seen before. Something deep down knew that wasn't Jesse, but something took over him.

Lupa Pawa saw my attention was on Jesse, but before she could turn to react, Jesse drove the blade Aoki gave him into her, twisting it.

"That is for my love, the Verum Goddess," he growled, digging the dagger deeper into her.

"So, you took a mortal vessel too," Lupa Pawa questioned as she coughs up blood "you two are made for each other, Palu."

Palu, Who is Palu?

Jesse pulls the blade out and, with one forceful blow, cuts off her head. He then let out a howl, a howl filled with pain and sorrow before falling to his knees. His eyes turn back to his usual brown.

"What happened?" He looks over at me, confusion written all over his face, "is Pyro okay?"

"Pyro," I look down at Pyro in my arms before hugging him, "he is gone."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh