-39-

CHAPTER 39 | TRUTH IS SHOWN

Pyro's P.O.V.

I open my eyes to find myself looking up at the sky. My body felt as if I ran all night, tired, and overworked.

"Finally," I turn to see Aoki sitting on a rock, "you are awake."

"What happened to me?"

I had a feeling it wasn't anything good, yet I can't remember anything after walking away from Jesse.

"You were in a trance," she said in a concerned tone as she helps me up, "also, you may have blown your cover back there."

"How did I even end up in a trance," I questioned.

"The song," Aoki leaned against a tree before continuing, "it originated from our pack."

"You mean-"

"The Supreme Pack," she went on to say, "before the loss of our pack, that song was played to help with the awakening of the blessed one's goddess side. A lot of packs adopt that song after the ending of our pack."

"Goddess side?"

"Think of it as a force that is slowly merging with you and your inner beast," she turns her attention on me, "and proof that you are the next goddess."

"That is still to be determined," I quickly said before asking my next question, "what would of happen-"

"Destruction," she went on to say as if she knew what I was about to ask, "Your goddess side is like a newborn, unfamiliar to this world. If it were to take over, it would attack out of fear."

"Great more training," I groaned.

"Well, it seems to be a given when it comes to you," she laughed.

We quickly made our way through the forest. She made us stop when she heard the crunching of dried leaves. A few more moments, the person was in my sight. I swear that my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. He was the last person I wanted to see.

"Jesse, what are you doing out here?"

"I can ask you the same," he said with a smirk. The way he stared at me sent chills down my spine, "So what are you two doing out here?"

" Sightseeing," I said sarcastically.

"So you're the wolf I chased that night," he said as if it was more of a fact then him asking a question. Then he looks over to Aoki. "You are the one that helped him in the fire.

"Don't be ridiculous," said Aoki crossing her arms. "A male can't have a white wolf. As the future alpha of this pack, you should know that."

"You're the future alpha?" the way I said it was as they were joking. Me holding in a laugh didn't make the situation any better. I guess I didn't picture the future alpha of a prestigious pack would look like him. I thought he would be more preppy looking than anything. Jesse one of those hardcore dirt bike riding, sports playing jock.

"Yes, I am," he said. His voice was more profound than a few seconds ago. His eyes turn glowing blood red. Aoki moved in front of me, blocking my view of him. Just as I was starting to feel lightheaded. "you have beautiful eyes..."

"Don't stare into his eyes," glancing over her shoulder at me. Her eyes now a dark golden hue. She turns back to face him. "Your true eyes won't work on someone like me. Now, what do you want?"

"The truth!"

Suddenly there was a strong gust of wind, then a laugh. Up in a tree, sitting on a branch, was Tasha. She sat there with her legs crossed. I could tell she was amused at what she was witnessing. Then her eyes landed on me, and her whole expression darkened.