-31-

31 | Small Talk

Pyro's P.O.V.

The class went by faster than I thought, maybe because I wasn't paying attention. This teacher was giving off a presence that wasn't human. Also, I couldn't shake the feeling that she was hiding something. Parts of her story didn't add up to me.

"Pyro," Megan snapped her fingers in front of my face, pulling my attention away from the teacher to her, "let's go to our next class."

"Pyro. May I have a word with you," Ms. Lightwood said before I could get up, she turns to Megan "alone, it will only take a moment."

I watch her made her way to the door and close it once Megan went out.

"What are you doing here?" she turns her attention to me, a look of confusion written on her face, "why did your parents let you come to school with all that had happened?"

"Excuse me," I could feel my heart beating against my chest, "do you know my parents?"

There were so many questions that were running through my mind as I stare at this woman. My instincts shouted at me, not to be fool by her delicate appearance. I had a feeling that she seen more than a few fights, and she was the one that won them.

"You don't need to be alarmed," she went on to say as she crossed her arms across her chest, "I'm here to help you."

"Help me?" thought her words spoke the trust, the one detail remains the same, "I don't know even know you."

"I'm sure this will answer some of your questions," I watch as her dark eyes turn bright gold as they never blink as they shifted colors, "now you know what I am and why I am here."

I covered my mouth in shock.

"Are you the white wolf that ran away?"

"No, I went into hiding," she corrected me. She went to sit at her desk. "I thought it would help my pack if I had them chase me. Sadly it didn't work the way we planned."

"So," I couldn't help but keep my guard up. This was my first time seeing another white wolf, "what do you want?"

"We need to talk."

"About?" I look over at the clock on the wall, "I don't want to be late for my next class."

"Tasha, your cousin," her tone of voice become sterner, "seems like she is following in her mother's footsteps."

"You know about Tasha," I took a few steps towards her, yet remaining alert, "what happened to her?"

"She's a howler," she simply said without any emotions on her face.

"What is that exactly," I ask curious to know what was happening to her, "will she be okay?"

"Howlers are werewolves who can control an element," she explains to me, "by howling in different pitches creating what's known as Howling Spells or Howl Casting. Allowing them to bend or summon their element into many forms like vines, walls, and so on."

"How did she became a howler?"

"She had always been a howler," she started as she shifted her gaze to the window, "most howlers don't even know they are one. Their abilities normally stay dormant till they die."

Though, I didn't want to know the answer to the question I was about to ask. I had to know.

"How do a howlers' abilities awakening?"

"Normally through a life-changing event, like losing a family member or in the face of death, but," she pauses and turns her attention back to me "strong emotions can also awaken a howlers' abilities. Sadness, rage-"