-60-

CHAPTER 60 | BREAKFAST SMALL TALK

Jesse's P.O.V.

Three days had passed since my encounter with the Goddess Lupe Pawa, and it still feels like I just met her minutes ago. Unlike the last time I saw her, she stopped that shadow howler who was after Aoki. This visit wasn't as lovely as she stopped Pyro's wolf from killing Aura and me.

When she departed this world, she left me to choose to be with Aura, my arranged mate in waiting, or Pyro, who my wolf and I already claimed. I have less than a week to choose before she appears once more.

If I don't choose, Aura will die, and Pyro will be taken from this world, something my wolf doesn't want to happen. My wolf is already attached to Pyro's wolf and never interested in Aura's wolf.

My parents apologized for forgetting about Aura and her family. They lost touch with them some time ago. As alpha, my father welcomes Aura into our home with open arms since she was the person he arranged me to be my mate years ago. While my mother and most of the pack's elders were team Pyro, saying he was something I didn't want but something I needed. My mother also pointed out all the events that led up to me, claiming Pyro and how my wolf approves of him more than Aura.

"So have you talked to him," my father asked without looking up from his newspaper, "I haven't seen him around for the past three days, and I see Aura and yourself are getting acquainted?"

"No, he hasn't responded to any of my calls or texts," I informed him before looking over at Aura, who sat next to me.

For some members, Aura is the perfect image of future alpha female material. She knew her role as the Luna of my pack, and they like that. At the same time, I had to suppress my wolf to be around her. It was something that had to be done because he wouldn't understand.

"But Aura has been keeping my company," I went on to say with a faint smile, looking over at her, "I didn't know we had so must in common it is like looking at the female version of me."

"Regardless, you should check on Pyro," my mother said in a stern tone, sitting down next to my father, "I talked with his mother early this morning. He has been spending hours training and shutting out nearly everyone."

"I promise to talk to him at school today," I told them, promising them before continuing to eat my food.

Aura and my parents continue to talk while I just listen and eat, I had too much to think about and not enough time. While they talked I learned that Aura likes the outdoors and outdoor activities, just like me. They also talked about how she used to spend her summer here when she was younger and the reason she had to stop visiting due to rogues attacking on her pack. Her parents and herself for the past several years had been focused on protecting their pack and the members, and that was the main reason why they lost touch.

After what seemed like forever, breakfast was finished, Aura and I headed for school. I was hoping I could see Pyro and hopefully talk to him.

 I was hoping I could see Pyro and hopefully talk to him

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh