-12-

CHAPTER TWELVE | MEETING NEW MEMBERS

Jesse's P.O.V.

"Ylva, this is Gus and Jesse," Tony informed, pointing to Gus then me.

"It's nice to meet you," she said politely, shaking both of our hands. "I hope you guys are enjoying the cookout."

Both Gus and I nodded.  I'm the type that would like any gathering as long as there is food. And to top it off, their father is a master on the grill.

In the corner of my eye, I saw her brother roll his eyes in annoyance before turning to look out the window. There was something off about him that I couldn't place it, something off about his scent.

"Pyro come here real quick," asked his brother Tony.

He slowly got up and made his way past us towards the back door.

"Where you are going," Ylva asked curiously.

"Didn't you say mom wants to see me, I shouldn't have her wait," he

said with no emotion in his voice or expression.

"It will only take a second," Tony insisted, gesturing him to come back.

Before Pyro could open the door to the back, Tony was lifting him with ease and bringing him back to where we were standing. Tony sat him down in a chair and sat next to him, making sure he didn't run.

"This is Pyro, the youngest of the family," Tony informed us in a teasingly manner, which I could tell it wasn't seating well with Pyro.

"Are you doing this to get on my nerves?" Pyro asked Tony with a friendly smile. "because you are close to doing just that."

"Just wanted to show you these two go to our school," Tony pointed over at Gus and me.

Pyro looked over at us and nodded.

I reach over to shake his hand, but he looked at my hand as if it had eight fingers before getting up and walked out of the kitchen. There was an awkward silence that made me smile faintly. I had a feeling that he knew why I wanted to shake his hand, and it wasn't to be kind.

Werewolves, if trained correctly, can tell a lot by a simple handshake. I can tell if they are stronger then me and feel there wolf's aura.

"Where are you going?" Ylva asked, running after him.

"I'm getting some fresh air," he said, glancing back at her before picking up his pace.

"Pyro wait," she pleaded, running after him.

Moments later, Tony went after them, leaving my friend and me alone.

"What was that about?" Gus asked me, confused about what just happened.

"He wants to leave, that's a first," I said with a smile, finding it slightly humorous.

Typically werewolves want to become a part of my father's tribe and would do anything to be in it.  I found it funny yet weird that he would want to leave. Also, I still wanted to know what made them want to join our pack. I heard this family turn us down six times in the past.

"Let's head back to the cookout," I told him as I felt hungry again.

"What werewolf would want to leave?" Gus asked, still lost to why Pyro wanted to leave.

"Well, he does."

We both laugh as we made our way back to the rest of my group.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh