-25-

CHAPTER 25 | TROUBLE WINDS

Tasha's P.O.V.

Nearly two weeks had gone by since that night when I almost unveil Pyro's secret to Jesse and his friends. I prayed to the heavens that they thought I was speaking nonsense due to me being drunk.

As memories of that night continue to poke at me, reminding me how I also spilled Pyro's secret, I couldn't help but be on edge.

"I still can't believe that I blurted that out," I whispered to myself.

What provokes me to want to put my own cousin's life in danger and want to betray my family's trust? 

"Am I jealous of him?" the question seems to linger in my head as I thought more on it, "I can't be."

He's my younger cousin. There is no way I can be jealous over him, right?

"Maybe I was a little jealous over the fact that he has a white wolf," I went on to say, "he doesn't even want to show her off."

The attention and gifts he would get if everyone knows. Though, all that attention should be mine. Now, he has been blessed by the goddess, and he would be even more desirable.  

"Desirable," the word seems to play at my lips "...desirable."

That word echo deep in my mind. Something that a lot of she-wolves would like to be. Even though I have the same Supreme pack's blood running through my veins, I still won't get the attention like Pyro, or should I say Ylva gets. She's been getting the attention left and right. Jessie doesn't seem to be suspicious about her.

As for Pyro, he has been transferred to another school for his safety. He had his doubts, but once he heard that the school had more human then werewolves, he jumped on it. From what I understand, he enjoys his new school.

"Are you okay," Ylva's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "you haven't said much."

I decided to go with Ylva on her morning jog. Do some sisterly bonding between cousin. But the whole run was of Ylva talking and my one-word responses. We weren't as close as my aunt wanted us to be.

We were nearly halfway back home when the silence was starting to drive me crazy. In the corner of my eye, could she Ylva focus on the road ahead. Her breathing steady as she ran, I couldn't see a drop of sweat on her. 

"Umm, Ylva?" Finally, having the courage to break the silence, "I have something to ask you."

"Yea?" Ylva lookover at me with a welcoming smile like always, "What's wrong?"

"Well, what made you go along with letting everyone think you're wolf is white?" I asked, wishing that I have started with something else instead of going straight to the main question.

Ylva slowly raises an eyebrow at me, turning to face me completely.

"Was there a reason?"

"Yes, there was," she said with a smirk as she folded her arms across her chest.

"What was it?"

"Pyro, been through so much," she started off saying, turning away from me. "Being attack by a rogue, moving to a pack like this, going in and out of heat."

She continued when I didn't say anything.

"If I could help lift some of the weight he's carrying, I will." her words were sincere, not an ounce of wanting this for herself. She's genuinely doing this from the heart. "I want him to have somewhat of a normal life. As normal as it can be for our kind, at least."

"Ylva, I need to tell you something," I said in a low soft voice.

"What is it?"

"You remember the party I went to a while ago?" she nodded, and I could tell she was piss at me for me going, "Well, I got drunk and told a few people that your wolf wasn't white,  but I don't think they believe me.

"Wh-what," Ylva's eyes widen with a mix of emotions within them, "tell me you are joking?"

"I don't think they believe me?" I went on to say, "I was drunk."

"It doesn't matter," Ylva slowly balls her hands into a fists, "You give them something to be suspicious about."

"Ylva-"

"Don't," she quickly cut me off "are you trying to ruin your own cousin's life?"

"I don't think Jesse..." I pause, quickly realizing I spoked his name, "I mean."

"So you told Jesse, the future alpha of this pack," her words were laced with, yet she wasn't surprised, "Are you that jealous of Pyro that you would tell the Jesse?"

"Ylva..."

"What has he done for you to do this to him," she went on to say, nearly yelling at me, "You putting your blood on the line because of a white wolf?"

"Just hear me out," I told her as I moved in front of her.

She pushes past me, not wanting to hear my response. I grab her hand but she yank it away and turn to look at me. Her eye filled with hurt and worried.

She pointed at me.

"If anything happens to him because of your jealousy," Ylva was so emotionally overwhelmed that she couldn't even finish, "I know we have our differences, but I never thought you would cross your family."

I watch as Ylva ran in the direction of our home.

"Am I jealous?" I whisper out loud just as the wind begins to pick up, "NO..."

The wind suddenly stops as I shouted. My body felt drain as if all my energy was release from me that I fell to my knees. I could still hear the guesting sound of the wind even when everything stood still.

"I have nothing to be jealous of," I told myself.

A few moments past before everything went back to normal. My strength came back, and I slowly made my way back home.

 My strength came back, and I slowly made my way back home

What do you think is happening to Tasha?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh