-56-

CHAPTER 56 | SMALL STEPS

Pyro's P.O.V.

For what took months took only a few hours to explain to our parents. In most of the events that we told them, my parents weren't as surprised as Jesse's parents. After all that had happened to me, there is not much more they can be surprised with when it comes to me.

Aoki went on to tell them how Jesse and I are mates, something I wish she would have held on to say for the moment. While his parents seem thrilled about the news or the fact Jesse was mated to a white wolf. His mother was happy. She went on to tell us that she was glad she didn't have to worry about remembering the name each time Jesse brought a girl home.

Ylva felt relieved that she didn't have to carry this on her shoulders anymore. I was fortunate that she held on this long and grateful to have her as a sister. She can now have her life back.

They also filled us in on what has been happening since we were in hiding. We found out that Tasha has been causing trouble for other packs in the area. Though news of Tasha is slow traveling, it may reach the ears of those within the Council of Alphas. This would cause more drama that none of us is ready for, and my parents didn't want to tell them about me.

"I don't see why we have to stay here," I groaned as I stood in front of Jesse's family estate.

"It is safer till we organize a security team to watch your family's house," Jesse's father went on to explain with a huge smile, "besides, you should get used to the house you will be living in once Jesse becomes alpha."

Once in, we were greeted by the estate manager. She wore a tailored dress suit, and her dark hair pinned up in a bun. Aoki and I followed her to rooms that were quickly prepared for us, and I couldn't wait. After spending months in the forest, I was more than glad to take a proper bath.

After nearly forty-five minutes of soaking in the marble bath in one of many guest rooms, I felt like a new person. I was putting on a shirt when warm muscular arms wrapped around me. I immediately thought the worst, blasting whoever with a gust of wind.

"Damn, what was that for,"  I heard Jesse groan as I continued to get dressed before turning to see Jesse on the other side of the room, "You are trying to hurt your mate."

"What the hell are you even doing in here," I whisper as if someone was listening to me as I walk over to help him up, "and stop using that word."

"What word?" He went on to smile as he wrapped his around me, "what word do you want me to stop using."

"Mate," I told him as I pulled myself away from him.

Suddenly the bathroom door swung open up, and the one girl I haven't seen since that night I ran in my wolf form. Her mouth dropped in shock as her eyes landed on me.

"Jena?"

"Hey, Jesse," Jena said, looking over at me with an unpleasant look, "it is true?"

It wasn't hard for me to figure out that she and Jesse had something going on behind closed doors.

"Jena," I could hear it in Jesse's voice that he felt sorry.

Those two had something going on. The awkwardness of me being there made me wish I was back in my own home. This would never happen if I were in my house.

"Don't Jena me," Jena shouted with rage as she pointed at Jesse, "you said when the time comes, I was to be your mate, that I will be the Luna of this pack. I dreamt about the day to come for me to be marked by you."