-24-

CHAPTER 24 | SLIP OF THE TONGUE

Jesse's P.O.V.

"Who would have thought she would be that fast," Gus laugh as he sat down, "she is faster than Jenn."

"No, she is not," Jenn pouts as she sat down next to me, "she just caught me on a bad day."

Jenn is known for being one of the fastest in our pack. But after the run-in with that white wolf, she made Jenn look like a newbie. That white wolf moves faster than Jenn and with grace. 

"Yeah. Right," Gus starts to laugh as he points at Jenn, "She could have run circles around you, I bet she wasn't even trying."

"Ylva's wolf is beyond beautiful," Jenn went on to say, "I didn't think a wolf could look like that."

"Oh please," the drunk Tasha slowly made her way over to us, "Ylva's wolf is nothing special, not like someone else I know."

"Looks like someone had one too many," Jenn whispered as she got up to help Tasha sit down.

"So what is this about Ylva," Tasha asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"We had a run-in with Ylva in her wolf form," Gus starts to explain to Tasha, "we shortoff chased her to find who it was in human form."

"So, that what they were talking about," Tasha whispered to herself.

"What do you mean," I asked her.

"Did I said that out loud," she laughs out loud as she tries to keep her balance, "I thought I was thinking it."

"I think I should take you home," Jenn said, sounding slightly uncomfortable with Tasha's current state of mind.

"Nope," Tasha begins to pour like a little child "I don't want to go home just yet, all they do is talk about Pyro."

"Pyro?" Gus and I said in unison.

"You want to know something," Tasha lean over toward me with a smile before falling back into the chair, "Ylva's wolf is brown, not white."

We all watch her as she burst out laughing.

"What do you mean her wolf is not white," I slowly made my way to the seat next to her, "I saw her change."

"Really?" She looked at me with confusion, "are you sure you saw what you think you saw?"

I nodded.

"Ylva must be able to change her wolf' fur then. She always had a brown wolf," Tasha said as she continued to laugh.

"Who's the one with the white wolf," Gus asked.

"I think it's me," Tasha quickly shakes her head as she places a finger to her mouth, "It's a secret!!"

"You know you can trust us."

"Well it's my little," Before she could finish, she threw up everything she drunk. She looks at us as if she had done something she wasn't supposed to do. "Umm sorry.. I got to go."

"Wait, if Ylva is not the white wolf, who is it?" I yelled after her.

"Ylva is the one with the white wolf," she said as she made her way through the sea of teens.

"You think she's telling the truth," turning to Gus "about Ylva."

"She was drunk as hell," Gus went on to say, "she was probably talking nonsense, besides you seen Ylva come out that bush."

"Well, she was drunk, maybe she was telling some truth," Jenn said as she looks at me.

"I'm going to find out," I told them as I sat back down to try to enjoy the rest of the night.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh