-50-

CHAPTER 50 | NEED SOME TIME

Jesse's P.O.V.

It's been six hours since Pyro had awoken from his healing coma, and that was the last time I heard anything out of him. He hasn't made a single noise or moved from the spot he Been sitting in for hours.

Though I don't blame him for the way he is acting, who wouldn't be speechless to find yourself still alive and claimed. Having spent four months in a coma, this is not the kind of news you want to hear. After all, he and I don't have the best relationship since we first met. We had always been at some odds with each other because of what he is. I would probably act the same way if I were in his place.

'We should return to our territory soon,' my wolf pointed out, 'and I doubt we will have any back if we were to get into any trouble.'

"I know," I whispered as I made my way to the entrance of the cave.

I stood at the cave entrance, checking on Pyro yet giving him space while ensuring that no one was in the area. We were a few miles outside my pack's territory in neutral territory. These woods are perfect for rogues and packless wolves since there is no authority on neutral grounds, which means anything could happen. I can't help but feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff since we are in unknown territory.

"He still hasn't moved yet," Aoki asked me as she came and stood next to me.

She folded her arms across her chest. In the corner of my eye, I could tell she was staring at Pyro. I knew she had some doubts about the whole situation surrounding Pyro, and I did too.

"How powerful is Pyro," I went on to ask, hoping it would distract her a little, "he doesn't seem any stronger even before all this had happened."

"Pyro has an issue of accepting what he is. In some ways, this acts as walls keeping him from reaching his full potential," her voice was laced with disappointment and concern as she talked, "he needs to accept himself mentally, physically, and spiritually to unlock his full potential. If not, the road in front of him will be more challenging as he becomes the next Lupa Pawa."

"Could he handle those howlers and hunters if he did," I went on to ask.

"Let me put it this way," she had a faint smile across her as she continues to stare at Pyro, "Those howlers and hunters wouldn't have stood a chance. He may seem weak now, but once he accepts what he is, you will truly see the power of the next Goddess."

"Maybe I should go talk to him?"

"No, it won't make any difference," she said as she heads back into the cave, "there is nothing you could say that will change what happened.  Pyro needs to realize that he can't go against what he is, or destiny will force him in the most painful ways. Believe it or not, he is needed alive."

"What do you mean?" stopping in mid-step, slightly confused at what she was saying. Part of me feels like she is hiding something, and it involves Pyro, "Why does he have to be alive?"

She stops and glances over her shoulder at me. Her eyes were glowing a yellowish gold while her face held no expression to a clue to what she was going to say. I couldn't put a finger on it, but there was something odd about her, or maybe it was just my imagination.

"Pyro is the only one who can end the chaos that Tasha is making," she went on to say in a more serious tone, "she won't stop till she does, the same steps her mother made many years ago."

I continued to watch her as she made her way deeper into the cave, far beyond the reaches of the small fire.

"She's a mysterious one," commented a voice I was surprised to hear next to me.

Standing to my right was Pyro staring in the direction that Aoki went. I don't know if I was more disturbed that he is talking to me or that I didn't hear him enter the cave. The distance from where he sat outside the cave to where I was standing, I should have heard something.

"There is something off about her scent," he went on to say as if he was pointing out a fact, "it's different from what I remembered."

"What?"

"Where is she going?" he quickly asks, turning his attention on to me.

As our eyes met, I couldn't help but feel like I was getting lost inside his eyes. His eyes were blue, a trait that the females of the Supreme Pack all shared. Yet, the longer I stared into his eyes, it was clear that his eyes were a different shade of blue from Aoki and his mother. His were a deep sapphire blue with flakes of gold.

In that moment, I could tell that Pyro felt lost and alone.

"I'm not for sure," breaking our gaze to stare back at where Akoi went, "about a week ago she said she was dealing with some problems with a howler."

"A howlers?" Pyro curiously repeated as he began to walk in that direction.

"Where are you going?" I gasped.

"I'm going to find out what she is doing," he barked without taking one look at me, "something is not right."

"She wants us to stay here," I told him.

"I don't take orders from her or you," he went to say, "now are you coming, or are you going to follow orders like a good puppy?"

Before I could say anything, he was already in the tunnel.

'He's a bold one.'

"Who you are telling," I groan before going after Pyro, "he is going to be a handful."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

AJ Pharaoh